Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is very interesting to me. I'm running Hermes 3.41 and was connected to the internet till about 3 weeks ago. For no particular reason, I disconnected the ethernet cable from my PS3. I've been jailbroken since September but I still haven't received the Terms email/warning that everyone else is.

I'm wondering if they just recently started monitoring who is and who isn't jailbroken?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So after about a week which this email is received, anyone can verify that their account indeed got banned from PSN? For those that experience "ban" if you have updated your ps3 back to OFW, will the ban be release (as stated in the email)? I've also heard about the "temporary ban" hypothesis, is that true?

Or all of them are just speculations?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    They did say a lifetime ban, and to be truthfully its a very arrogant statement for them to make, unless they have prep themselves against PSN hackers and just finalizing things before they ban your box. My guessing is their get ticked off, and switch the network card and wireless off in a hidden update, when your on their PSN.

the only way to securely ban your console from PSN is to do it server side, client side would be an easy fix.

All they'll do is ban the console ID (what they're doing now and there's no real way around it, spoofing console ID will get you around it but you'll need a legitimate console ID that isn't in use so no wide spread vulnerability there) and if they go down the road of banning your PSN account that'll be handled server side too.

There's no reason to ban the NIC's in the PS3. The email isn't a notification of a ban it's a warning that a ban is coming. If you update before you're banned presumably you'll not get banned like the email says but if you update after you're banned it'll not be revoked.

I have 4 PS3's that will never go on PSN, anyone fancy making me an offer on the Id's. Just kidding fony-sony, they can have them for free.

I was just being facetious and scaremongering about them switching off the network card and wireless, because thats the sort of low life whale killing, little push bike riding Mofos are capable of.

lol well the bans I understand, even suing geohot for grandstanding I kind of get, but raiding graf was ridiculously uncalled for and really is just Sony throwing their weight around to try scare people off.

if someone downloaded something off my psn account and won't delete it what can I do?

Sponsored Links

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News