Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Maybe it's like the movie email warnings people were getting a while back?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think the final straw was seeing killzone 3 on psn weeks before it's release which is a first title party. They will lose tons of money now off of the ps3-killzone3 bundle because ppl will buy a used ps3 (which sony doesn't make money off cause it's used) and then install mod firmware to pirate killzone 3 (which furthermore breaks their pockets).

So those 160GB Killzone 3 PS3 bundles will collect dust and cost sony lots. It's actually quite screwed up on Sony's behalf that they didn't care about treyarchs's demand for actions since Modern Warfare 2 got out of control with the cheats to start the bans, but like a crooked politician laying down the laws, they only care when it hits home.

So in the end Sony started off on a good foot with the PS3 but now the people and game developers realize that sony is only loyal to sony and not their associates. This is sad because now all the good games will now be on xbox360(which I think the system is whack except for not as much jaggy lines in the graphics) and the PSP2 (NGP) will not have much third party support because developers fear sony will not do much to counter piracy and cost them their business.

IMO, Playstation 4 will cost $1000 on release day to make-up for lost PS3 sales and not have many good games because they lost the trust of third party developers. (PS3 $800 release day because playstation was almost bankrupt and not as many third party games in the PS3 launch roster cause ps2 lost developer trust due to losses in piracy) Selfish Sony!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    dammit that's what it is, thought so..

TO SONY: I can do anything with My PS3 which came with your software, All you can do is not allow me onto YOUR PSN but I can still go online using my PS3 on CFW 3.55

1- Give me back the option to install Other OS on my PS3 that I bought in 2007 and still do all which your new firmware allows. YOU FAILED AT YOUR PROMISE

2- You couldn't even prevent hackers from finding your keys, making cheats that make my online gaming horrible. YOU FAILED AT YOUR PROMISE

3- Stop messing with me for finding a way to copy my OWN DISC ONTO MY MACHINE AND PLAY FROM THE ISO instead of playing from the optical drive that failed me more than once.

4- We love what you have given to us and hate what you are trying to take away from us. GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE WITH GUNS. So a custom firmware in good hands is wonderful - you should be grateful.

5- SHUT YOUR MOUTH and stop using vague terms to describe hacking. International law you say! you are being sued all the time for breaching stuff.

6- Long lives Kakarot0, Waninkoko, Chocol, Kmeaw, Geohot, and of course TEAM FAIL OVERFLOW. UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PRAISE THEM.

Foo

i just got this email:
    Notice: Unauthorized circumvention devices for the PlayStation(R)3 system have been recently released by hackers for the PlayStation(R)3 system. These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software. Use of such devices or software violates the terms of your "System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation(R)3 System" and the "Terms of Services and User Agreement" for the PlayStation(R)Network/ Qriocity(TM) and its Community Code of Conduct provisions.

In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws. A circumvention device and/or unauthorized or pirated software currently resides on your PlayStation(R)3 system. Immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from your PlayStation(R)3 system. Failure to do so will result in termination of your access to the PlayStation(R)Network and access to Qriocity(TM) services through your PlayStation(R)3 system.

This email has been delivered from a send-only address. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any
    questions, contact Consumer Services using the following link: [Register or Login to view links]

LEGAL
    "PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION", and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment LLC.

(C) 2011 Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404

Banned User
    From what I think the reason for the banning is the certificate. You have to have a JB or CFW console to change it.

I flashed 355OFW and when I use the bypass method (charles and PS3DNS) I now get a 80710A06 error which is a network error.
    From what I see in charles it the refusal of the DNS check on the PSN servers. As I cant change the cert on OFW I cant install the charles one it fails.

Without the charles/ps3dns bypass it just asks to update.

Has anyone gotten banned and wants to update to 356OFW and see if your still banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by am33r007 View Post
    2- You couldn't even prevent hackers from finding your keys, making cheats that make my online gaming horrible. YOU FAILED AT YOUR PROMISE
    Get your facts straight. Cheating was around way before CFW so you cant blame CFW for the online cheats. Just coz you run CFW doesn't mean you cheat and just coz you run OFW doesn't mean you don't cheat.

There are still the same amount of cheaters online now as there were before CFW came out.
    Last edited by Jes03; 02-16-2011 at 10:46 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lol. looks like am going to have to fk psn. here is a letter i just received from sony seconds ago. anyone else haqd this email. i havnt had the playstation on today. and havnt been on the psn but they seem to know somehow. wonder if it was through using Qriocity(TM). Or well. backups, homebrew, and otheros, emulators etc. vs PSN. I don't care sony. Boo Hoooo
    Important: Access to the PlayStation(R)Network and Access to Qriocity(TM) Services Notice

Unauthorized circumvention devices for PlayStation(R)3 system have been recently released by hackers for the PlayStation(R)3 system. These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software.

Use of such devices or software violates the terms of your “System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation(R)3 System” and the “Terms of Services and User Agreement” for the PlayStation(R)Network/Qriocity(TM) and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws.

A circumvention device and/or unauthorized or pirated software currently resides on your PlayStation(R)3 system.

Immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from your PlayStation(R)3 system. Failure to do so will result in termination of your access to PlayStation(R) Network and access to Qriocity(TM) services through your PlayStation(R)3 system.

Please note that this is an automated e-mail, so replies to this address cannot be responded to.

(C)2011 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

eu.playstation.com [Register or Login to view links]

"PlayStation", "PlayStation Network", "PlayStation Store", "PlayStation Home", "PS3", "PSP" and "PS2" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All titles, content, publisher names, trademarks, artwork, and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

Games sold in the United Kingdom are age rated by the independent organisations PEGI and BBFC. To find out more, visit [Register or Login to view links], [Register or Login to view links] or [Register or Login to view links]. Age ratings indicate the age for which the game is suitable.

If you have PlayStation(R)Network account you can edit your profile and notification preferences, including unsubscribing, from within your account. Sign In here. [Register or Login to view links]

If you don’t have a PlayStation(R)Network account and want to unsubscribe, email us here.

PlayStation(R)Network, PlayStation(R)Store and PlayStation(R)Home subject to terms of use and not available in all countries and languages (eu.playstation.com/terms). Broadband internet service required. Users are responsible for broadband access fees. Charges apply for some content. Users must be 7 years or older and users under 18 require parental consent.

Prices, content, promotions and services are subject to change or withdrawal at any time. Content may not be available in all territories.

am33r007 where have you heard of these promises? Can I get a source on that?

Bans, like i said and thought, that's same and its just a logical piece. Ban people before Killzone 3 Release!... hehehe...

Sony, Sony...

oh well.. rest in peace. lol
    Last edited by trotskiii; 02-16-2011 at 11:13 PM Reason: spelling

Sponsored Links
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News