Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony to acquire Rockstar?

Sponsored Links
    We've been hearing several reports for a couple of weeks now saying that after the release of the much-anticipated video game Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3), Rockstar Games is not only developing a new franchise for Sony consoles but is going Sony exclusive all the way.

Given those talks, it's not impossible if the next thing we hear about is Rockstar Games being absorbed by Sony. And that's exactly what PlayStation Universe is saying right now. One correspondent of the said fan site reported:

Various sources in the press and development team state that Sony is looking to take Rockstar "under their wings". While we learned that any agreement Sony and Take-Two entered into would not affect the upcoming Grand Theft Auto IV...

Such an agreement would presumably affect any future releases from Rockstar, including the new franchise Sony has been discussing and L.A. Noire, which looks likely to be a PS3 exclusive at this point as well.

However, we believe that there are a lot of things to consider first before taking this piece to be true. First, the controversial game Manhunt 2 is still in limbo and aside from that, it's hard to believe that Take-Two Interactive is going to let go of its top asset that easily.

It should be remembered that the publisher just recently fixed its internal problems and losing Rockstar would mean the world to them. As of this writing, Rockstar Games or any of the companies involved for that matter has yet to give an official announcement.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this would mean GTA series as PS3 exclusive?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i heard that the ps3 will get its own exclusive new franchise as well

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TottiR View Post
    this would mean GTA series as PS3 exclusive?
    If the sale was to happen, then that would make sense eventually. GTA 4 would still be multi-platform as planned.

Yeah Sony.. just take over the World

Doesn't seem too likely right after they took $50 million from Microsoft to provide exclusive downloadable content for GTA4, but I guess anything is possible.

yes i don't believe it, there has to be a contract between Microsoft and rockstar for 50 million..

if it's true it's great news for sony and his fans!!

God I hope not. I really do

I hope not :S You'd assume it's just That Sony are to get their own franchise, like the Nintendo games.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News