June 22, 2007 - Monolith is searching for a name for F.E.A.R. 2. Due to some whacky rights issues, the game exists within the F.E.A.R. universe, but can't utilize the same name. Not to worry, because fans have been asked to suggest names. While we wait to find out which name won, Monolith sent over some more rejected titles. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Made-up Words
Much like William Shakespeare, many of our fans felt that the English language as we know it was not adequate enough to convey their ideas - so they decided to make up new, better words, to fully express their thoughts. Devon C. of Illinois explains that although his new word "Parthxenophobia" is long, "it rolls off the tongue very nicely and it sounds cool as hell." Devon "Wordsmith" C. clarifies that "it's not a word you might find in the English dictionary because it's a combination of two words: Parthenophobia being the fear of little girls/virgins, and as everyone knows Xenophobia being the fear of strangers or foreigners. I can assure you, you won't find a better name out there!" Merriam-Webster is going to be busy updating their dictionaries with all of the awesome new words created for this contest.

Words created by William Shakespeare

successful
savage
priceless
homely
assassination
outbreak
coldhearted
unreal
unsolicited
unpolluted

Words created by The Monolith Community

killdozer
paragoremal
forcery
phearbia
deathscapade
manbuster
shreadeath
grundolite (no idea what this means)
undiscovery
undersilence

"So if any of youmanbusters try to intimidate me with your forcery, I'll get all killdozer on your ass with my grundolite. You'll be so shreadethed that your family will undiscover the appeal of an open casket funeral. Snake Fist!"

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/812/812588/img_4646763.html

Food
Knowing that the average developer consumes 15.3 lbs of snack food a week, several of our fans embraced the strategy of cleverly incorporating food products into their names. Salami Rocket, the Monolith Community Team's favorite, was followed up by the delightful description: "Because I think that meat-food-product stuffed into pig intestines and propelled by an explosion is really what Monolith is all about." When asked for a comment, Monolith's Community Manager said, "I can't speak for the entire company, but meat-food-product is certainly what the Community Team is all about." Here's the full grocery list of names:

S.A.U.S.A.G.E.
M.e.a.t.
P.I.E. (Paranormal Investigation Experts)
B.E.E.R. (Beasties! Even Ethereal Reptiles!)
Runny Eggs

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/812/812588/img_4646759.html

English?
As we started digging through the mountain of name submissions (one spreadsheet actually), we realized that very few people had taken the time to spell check their entries. This led to some hilarious mistakes. Norberto from Wyoming said "I sujest: Deep Dark" - well we "sujest" that you never use spell check again because that cracks us up. Some submissions combined multiple offenses against the English language: "N.I.G.T.M.A.R.E. (Nothing I got to make are really excellent)." We think that all you making are excellent, don't you change a thing about your beautiful self. Here's some more hilarity for your viewing pleasure:

- C.R.U.O.R. : ok, I'm jocking :p Curor without the "." (Who doesn't like a good jock?)
- Gardem of Lies (Nothing like a nice stroll in one's gardem…of lies)
- TITTLE: Girl of the Damned (If tittling doesn't strike fear into your heart you are inhuman)
- Elma's Canon: Revelations Wraught Upon Us (Elma? Elmo and Alma had a baby!??)
- Deep of Pain (The sequel to Profound of Misery, apparently)

Best of Awards

Self Titled
The award for the best attempt to name the sequel after themselves goes to Juregen G. He felt that there was no need to explain why we should name our sequel Juregen, he just submitted a cold, hard, solitary JUREGEN. It does sound pretty badass.

British Slang
The award for the best use of British Slang goes to Jason S. for his submission: Bloody Bunger. This submission captures the bloodiness of our game and incorporates the quaint Britishism, "bunger," which for all of our North American fans means "liar." Pip, pip, cheerio!

Thanks to http://ps3.ign.com/articles/798/798856p1.html for sharing the news with us!