Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sky Player and SkyTV Service May Be Coming to PlayStation 3

Sponsored Links
    Sky Player launched this week on the Xbox 360 (pictured below), and according to Sky it may come to the PS3 console as well.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com (linked above), Sky's director of On Demand Griff Parry said, to quote: "It [Sky Player on PS3] may very well happen in the future."

When asked if Sky was actively trying to make available the Sky Player on PS3, Parry replied:

"I can talk generally about our desire to extend to any device that supports a good quality experience to project the content. The PS3 is clearly a device where that is possible. And so it may very well happen in the future. Having said that, we're very happy to be working with Xbox for the time being."

Sky Player and SkyTV Service May Be Coming to PlayStation 3

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    does sky TV have adult content? or does playtv have any? softcore or hardcore??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by OGFRAKISTAN View Post
    does sky TV have adult content? or does playtv have any? softcore or hardcore??
    lmao are you asking us lol this isn't an adult site. And i doubt it because we just got netflix. I hope it comes though i would love something like this.

yea, if they had something like that available i would definitely get it.

Sky is not only one of the main broadcasters here in the UK but also basically has the entire satellite market to itself (think DishNet, etc). For most families, Sky is the de facto choice as all channels available in the UK are available from them via satellite including 30 odd HD channels whereas the next best thing cable is cable which only has a handful of HD channels and some HD VOD.

Having Sky on the PS3 is a big deal if you're in the UK, probably not even newsworthy outside the UK... Having left Sky recently, I'd probably be quite interested in seeing how this pans out - presumably it'd be cheaper than the regular system as you don't need their proprietry box.

Would definitely be nice to have Sky on PS3.

How does it work on Xbox? (If you've already got Sky can you use that account to view on your Xbox?)

Question

Sounds great, but Sky has a monthly subscription fee, so the question is will we have to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by corruptmirage View Post
    Sounds great, but Sky has a monthly subscription fee, so the question is will we have to pay for it?
    It's free if you have a Sky subscription and a Gold membership on your xbox.

Ice
    Last edited by CJPC; 11-03-2009 at 05:14 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News