Sixaxis not sensitive enough for aiming in Resident Evil 5

Jun Takeuchi has said that the PlayStation 3's Sixaxis controller wasn't a viable option for aiming in Resident Evil 5.

Responding to an inquiry from a European journalist, who raised the prospect of a PS3 control system similar to Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Takeuchi said Sony's much-maligned motion-sensing controller "was not quite sensitive enough for that".

Takeuchi expressed his fondness for the PS3, though, calling it "a great system". "We're really pleased with it, and certainly as with other developers we did have problems getting to grips with it at first, but now understanding how it works it allows us to do a lot of things we couldn't do before," he said through a translator at Capcom's Captivate 08 event in Las Vegas.

Sixaxis not sensitive enough for aiming in Resident Evil 5

More PlayStation 3 News...

Personally I've never been a huge fan of SIXAXIS, I find it too complicated to use, especially for driving games.

Was the sixaxis controller EVER a viable option for aiming? That it got far enough to require a denial surprises me. Trying to aim by tilting the controller seems to me a sad and frustrating exercise worthy of only Mario Party.

just about all motion sensitive devices aren't 100% perfect when it comes to using it as your main way of moving around in a game. it all depends on how big or small the range of movement is in the game, if you need to move around in a big area it wont matter if you have to jerk your controller every which way.

although if you need to sneak past some zombies and to get any response out of your controller you need to sling it around which sends you right into a death trap, then a motion sensitive controller is unnecessary.

I'm an old RE player, since the beginning of the series. Am I the only one that I don't much like the new gameplay that was introduced in RE4? I'm almost confident that RE6 will be an FPS!

I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy the game, but it was more action than puzzle/horror than the other games of the series...
    Last edited by SurfDrifter; 06-06-2008 at 08:36 AM