Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes it is using HDMI, there is an option when choosing the HDMI output for HDMI>PC and HDMI>TV

w00t! I have an intelligent TV lol!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Are you logged in as root and did you change to the linux folder first?
    what do you mean "change to the linux"? I login as root and then open Terminal and type cd linux, type make.... but it does not seem to work with the Make command.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Really great infos, compiled everything and finally I got a real fullscreen picture, thx GrandpaHomer

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by zandi View Post
    what do you mean "change to the linux"? I login as root and then open Terminal and type cd linux, type make.... but it does not seem to work with the Make command.
    OK - are you doing the first compilation or are you trying tu change the values after first run?

If it's a first run - have you followed the hacked2123 guide?

There is a bit unclear step regarding downloading and unpacking the source code!

The file you'll download via link in the quide needs to be un-rared (if you're downloading it directly to PS3 you need to install the unrar there first using terminal command yum install unrar) and then inside stored tar must be unpacked again.

If you've done everything correctly you should be able to follow the rest of the guide withour any problems.

To check that your source code files are unpacked correctly use the ls command:

1. After opening the terminal window just type ls ENTER. You should see (amongst others) linux folder.

2. After cd linux command - which is that "changing" to the linux (folder) - use the ls ENTER again. You should see an amount of folders and files. If you see just one file it means that you've not unpacked the tar file contained inside of the downloaded rar file.

Hope this helps and let me know if you've managed to do that.

thanks, it did sucess, but when I typed "make menuconfig" it said your display is too small to run menuconfig. Is there another way to do this because I can not go on with this

when I typed "make menuconfig" it said your display is too small to run menuconfig.
    I see ... How is your PS3 connected to the telly (HDMI. Component etc.)? What resolution are you using?

Also - if you're not interrested in NTFS / UDF support at the moment and need just adjust your screen settings you can for now skip the whole section 7 from hacked2123 guide and continue from point 7.92 TYPE gedit drivers/video/ps3fb.c

Should work this way as well ... - let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    Yes it is using HDMI, there is an option when choosing the HDMI output for HDMI>PC and HDMI>TV

w00t! I have an intelligent TV lol!
    - I'm green of envy now ...
    Last edited by GrandpaHomer; 04-22-2007 at 05:21 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How can I automatically set it up to maximise desktop, dont want to keep typing ydl_ntfa_udf at kboot prompt?

try again and sucess but it does not seem to work on my CRT 32" screen, the old ydl480i is the only choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tscotsman View Post
    How can I automatically set it up to maximise desktop, dont want to keep typing ydl_ntfa_udf at kboot prompt?
    1. Logon as root

2. Open terminal window

3. TYPE gedit /etc/kboot.conf

4. change line default=ydl to default=ydl_ntfs_udf

5. Save, close edit and terminal windows and reboot - should be now fine ...

try again and sucess but it does not seem to work on my CRT 32" screen, the old ydl480i is the only choice.
    Oh - I see ... It's becasue in this guide we've changed just 720 and 1080 resolutions.

If you need to amend 480 one change values in step 7.94 for line { 720, 480, 72, 48, 0} to { 720, 480, 36, 24, 0} ...

Again - values 36 + 24 are results of experiments and your telly might require slightly higher or lower values. Let me know if it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by tscotsman View Post
    Indeed - you can.

Also - you don't need to type ydl_ntfs_udf - simply press TAB key several times while at kboot prompt to cyle through all available options. To setup this a default boot option:

1. Logon as root

2. Open terminal window

3. TYPE gedit /etc/kboot.conf

4. Change line default=ydl to default=ydl_ntfs_udf

5. Save, close edit and termial window, reboot

Should boot now automatically to this option ...
    Last edited by GrandpaHomer; 04-22-2007 at 05:28 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News