Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

SCE Cambridge Studio Producer Reveals PlayTV 2 in Development

Sponsored Links
    As part of an interview with SPOnG.com (linked above), SCE Cambridge Studio Producer Mark Green has revealed that PlayTV 2 is currently in development for the PS3 entertainment system.

Whether this news will be part of the major update slated for the end of 2010 that PlayStation Network Product Manager James Thorpe hinted at previously remains to be seen.

Green admitted the hardware update was being worked on alongside updates to the existing PlayTV, DLC for LittleBigPlanet 2 and its Move-compatible title TV Superstars.

To quote: "Well, as a whole studio, I think you saw TV Superstars for Move announced a little while ago," he said.

"We're still working on Play TV, Play TV 2. And then we have other guys working on other concepts..."

Finally, for those curious, Cambridge Studio is a part of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios and currently comprises 90 development staff.

SCE Cambridge Studio Producer Reveals PlayTV 2 in Development

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hope this one gonna support dvb-c (cable).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    too bad this will be left out of the north american market as well.

Question

why is Play Tv not available in every country?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman3000 View Post
    why is Play Tv not available in every country?
    Bandwidth problems, different license and copyright rules in every country, etc... I think we should blame the local sony distrubators not the sony itself.

Because if the local representative makes an effort on this issue, sony won't prevent, I think. I blame Sony's Turkey Representative(my country)

Quote Originally Posted by ziddiri View Post
    Bandwidth problems, different license and copyright rules in every country, etc... I think we should blame the local sony distrubators not the sony itself.

Because if the local representative makes an effort on this issue, sony won't prevent, I think. I blame Sony's Turkey Representative(my country)
    Well - Sony has little to noting to do with the availability of the PlayTV in a particular country (if they'er not selling it there officially, you can still import anyway) as it's uses DTT/ DVB-T broadcast (Freeview in UK) which indeed has nothing to do with Sony at all

hmmm, i hope that PlayTv2 Supports DVB S and HD+ but i don`t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoost View Post
    hmmm, i hope that PlayTv2 Supports DVB S and HD+ but i don`t think so.
    HD+? sorry but LOL

1st for that you need a DVB-S2 tuner
    2nd its not reliable for sony (hardware costs) and its not reliable for you (electricity costs)
    3rd HD+ uses CI+ and that standart is crap (work "only" in certified stbīs aso.. )
    4th buy a dreambox to wath tv and wait for homebrew to can use every tuner

bb

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Well - Sony has little to noting to do with the availability of the PlayTV in a particular country (if they'er not selling it there officially, you can still import anyway) as it's uses DTT/ DVB-T broadcast (Freeview in UK) which indeed has nothing to do with Sony at all
    This might not be true. For instance, the UK uses 8MHz wide channels, the US uses 6MHz wide channels and Australia uses 7MHZ wide channels. Additionally, different modulation schemes are used, and so whilst Europe generally uses COFDM, the Americas ue QAM. Consequently, generally freeview systems aren't compatible across territories, even when they all use DVB-T (which also isn't prevalent in the US). Of course, there's an added complication of PAL/NTSC frame rates and sizes. Of course,

There's no reason to expect Sony to not release this everywhere the PS3 is sold, although they'll probably only do so when they've got it working. For now though, I'd only hold my breath for it in UK/Europe and Japan.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News