Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question Samsung Spinpoint m6 500GB 2.5 inch notebook hdd

Sponsored Links
    The worldwide leader in digital consumer electronics and information technology, Samsung has announced its new Spinpoint M6, which the company claims as the world’s first 500GB (half-terabyte) 2.5-inch mobile hard drive, consisting of 3 167GB platters that measures only 9.5mm in height.

“Our customers require more and more notebook storage for their data, video and music files”, said Andy Higginbotham, director of hard drive sales and marketing, Samsung Semiconductor. “Our Spinpoint M6 easily fits within notebook PCs with no modification to the notebook PC chassis, giving users more storage power than ever before.”

The Samsung Spinpoint M6 is targeted to meet the growing storage needs of today’s laptop computers as well as slim form factor PCs and high density mobile applications.

According to the company, “The Spinpoint M6 500GB hard drive features a 5400rpm spindle speed, a 8MB cache, and 3.0Gbps SATA interface with a Free-Fall-Sensor available as an optional feature. Perpendicular Magnetic Recording technology enables the 500GB drive to store 160,000 digital images, 125 hours of DVD movies, or 60 hours of high definition video images. The drive also features Samsung’s Flying-on-Demand head technology that improves recording stability over changing temperature ranges.”
    The release would have been in March, did anyone see a shop selling one of these yet?
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

samsung-spinpoint-m-mobile-hard-drives.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i bet it will be hideously expensive.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    300 dollars it is!

way too expensive if u ask me. but it will be useful when the ps3 finally gets hacked

i think i'll just add a 3.5" drive

Just buy a 320GB it will hold your isos

man thats an awful amount of memory in a 2.5 in hdd, does the ps3 even supports that?

No where has them, I have been checking everywhere, samsung keep delaying the launch, some online retailers are now listing the drive but none have stock still.

I ended up going with the whole lot cheaper 320gb HDD which has more than enough for now but I don't know about when PlayTV gets released.

Word is that it's shipped to OEM's only so far.

If you do a google search there's a place in France that has them on catalog but lists 12 days to stock.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News