Run Maya on PS3?

Has anybody set up their PS3 to run autodesk Maya? If you have, is it possible to use the power of all 8 cores? I'm an animation student and not familiar with linux, but I'd love to be able to use my ps3 as a render farm. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nah you can run maya on a modest system, doing complex renderings is a different story.

I dont think you'll have access to all of the hardware, so its a fat chance.

Maya v8.5 does not run on a PS3 with Fedora 6. It does install from the rpm, but it will not run. I have been unable to verify any other OS at this time, but it is highly unlikely that it will run on any nix distribution for the ps3.

I have determined this by trying to start it from a shell.

Maya returns the error. "'Wrong Architecture"

Even if it were possible to install OSX on the PS3, due to the fact that the PS3 is using a cell processor, I predict that it will return the same error.

Any ideas?

Maya for Linux will only run on Intel X86 compatible CPU's (and possibly older Power Mac CPU's)

To run it on PS3 Linux you'd need to recompile it - which will not happen as there is no free source code available.

Even if you'd get it running, it would be slow cause Maya heavily use OpenGL Accelaration and imo currently there is no (fast) OpenGL Driver for PS3 Linux that uses the RSX - only FrameBuffer Mode