Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: Sony is Working on Emulator for PSP Games on the PS3

Sponsored Links
    Update: The resident PS3 Devs have confirmed this rumor, as evidenced in THIS post by DrEmmettBrown.

According to French site PS3Gen.fr (linked above), Sony is working on a secret project... specifically, an emulator that will allow PSP games to be played on the PS3 system.

This is just a rumor for the time being, however, according to their source retail PlayStation Portable UMD titles, those available on the PlayStation Store and even new PSP Minis may see the light of day on the PlayStation 3 in the future.

To quote, roughly translated: "Playing with PSP games on the PS3 seems a project that Sony is preparing in secret. Here's the surprising news that we have gleaned and could make love dematerialization games.

The "ONLY COMPATIBLE with the PSP"... may disappear.

This should be made possible through an emulator in the PSP and PS3 through the dematerialization of games that are now sold on the PlayStation Store and is a UMD in stores. This would also be interesting for all games in the category Minis.

The minis soon on PS3 without additional programming from the devs. This information has been provided by a knowledgeable person and we will pass calmly as we have seen evidence that convinced us.

Unfortunately we are unable to upload the "evidence" but the future will show whether we were right.

Of course, the date of implementation of this emulator is still unknown and a traditional wait and wee is therefore essential."

Rumor: Sony is Working on Emulator for PSP Games on the PS3

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    If this is true, adhoc is a necessity.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    If thats right i'm the first one who will enjoy! first game will be Patapon. i think that DARKALEX is going to make a way to insert the psp game ISO and run it on the ps3.

I'd be really excited if this is true.

I want to play MGS Peace Walker but I'm not a fan of mobile gaming, so using the PS controller and a big TV will be a definite sell for me.

And why would they do that? The PSP Go was just released, with no UMD drive.

That would ultimately stop PSP sales and move most people to the PS3. You can play PSP games with the PS3 controller with the PSP Go. Isn't that good enough?

Doesn't sound like a good move to me. I doubt this is true. An emulator for PS2 games sounds more legit.
    Last edited by Nairb; 12-02-2009 at 05:15 PM

If there is true, then it is great news. Actually want to play couple PSP games.

No offence but i dont understand how some one could want to play psp games on their PS3.

But for sure it would be a great step in case of compatibility. If sony would also release the PS2 Emu, the PS3 would turn into the most backwards and handhelds compatibility console from this gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairb View Post
    And why would they do that? The PSP Go was just released, with no UMD drive.

That would ultimately stop PSP sales and move most people to the PS3. You can play PSP games with the PS3 controller with the PSP Go. Isn't that good enough?

Doesn't sound like a good move to me. I doubt this is true. An emulator for PS2 games sounds more legit.
    the real question is not that *considering i got a psp to play things on the go, which would keep the sales going*

if you look back at anything that was portable put on a big screen it looks HORRID *worst than ps1 classics on the ps3...* which i cant see being worth while

If this is true, i think they will charge you to get the emulator because they have to make up the sales from not selling the psp.

Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    No offence but i dont understand how some one could want to play psp games on here PS3.

But for sure it would be a great step in case of compatibility.If sony would also release the PS2 Emu, the PS3 would turn into the most backwards and handhelds compatibility console from this gen.
    Well, I like games, but I don't like playing on a small screen with a controller that hurts my hands (It seems the first Psp model was definitely NOT designed for my hands ^^). I enjoyed MGS portable ops, but I didn't played it long because it was on Psp. I was glad to have my Psp while I was in the hospital not long ago, but if I can play the same games on a big screen while I'm not on the go, then why wouldn't I?

I tried some remotejoy (the app of course ^^) and, while a Psp game on a big screen might make your eyes bleed, I was quite happy to play Dissidia on a real screen.

I really think that if they could add some kind of upscaling, it might end up being great!

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News