Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: Sony to Unveil New PS3 XMB (XrossMediaBar) at E3 2010

Sponsored Links
    As next month's Electronic Entertainment Expo slowly approaches the video game rumor mill rapidly increases, and the latest scoop includes the possibility that Sony may unveil a new PS3 XMB (XrossMediaBar) at E3 2010.

On the last episode of the [Register or Login to view links], CheapyD stated that he knows that Sony will show a PS3 XMB redesign at E3.

He doesn't delve into what changes will be implemented or if it'll have new features like cross-game chat, but it's certainly something forward to.

If true, they'll likely release the firmware the same night of the announcement.

To quote CheapyD: "I've heard that the Sony PS3 is getting a completely redesigned XrossMediaBar. Like totally new, not just like new columns and stuff like - totally redone."

Finally, below are some XMB redesign concept designs to compliment the previously released PSN Profile and Friend's List pictures.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    If they have learned anything from the release of 3.0x firmware, though kind of doubt it, they would ask the opinion of users and let users choose the one that they like.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Give me the option to run Linux back and I'll start caring about new updates again.

i hope they use those concepts we saw on youtube, those looked awesome.

I am in two minds about this:

1. I like the idea of the XMB changing. The current one is kinda dull (except for sorting trophies - gee man what a way to alter something yourself on the XMB - only for those who updated though .... )

2. One should probably not stare all day at the XMB screen - the PS3 was created for gaming or OtherOS (not if you updated or bought a slim), and it is really a lot cooler doing that than staring at the XMB wondering "What should change?". I have no idea what the clever guys with the thick glasses and white coats at $ony are thinking ... Are they short of people thinking up clever ideas? For heavens sake - changing an XMB instead of all 101 things people REALLY wanted to see in the PS3 ... (and don't forget - you CAN sort your trophies ... if you upgraded)

PS: Sigh ....

Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
    I am in two minds about this:

1. I like the idea of the XMB changing. The current one is kinda dull (except for sorting trophies - gee man what a way to alter something yourself on the XMB - only for those who updated though .... )

2. One should probably not stare all day at the XMB screen - the PS3 was created for gaming or OtherOS (not if you updated or bought a slim), and it is really a lot cooler doing that than staring at the XMB wondering "What should change?". I have no idea what the clever guys with the thick glasses and white coats at $ony are thinking ... Are they short of people thinking up clever ideas? For heavens sake - changing an XMB instead of all 101 things people REALLY wanted to see in the PS3 ... (and don't forget - you CAN sort your trophies ... if you upgraded)

PS: Sigh ....
    well the PS3 is an entertainment system, it was clearly designed for multimedia and not just games. which means a vast majority of time is spent on the XMB by a lot of users. even gamers use the XMB very frequently whether it to be to change the music playing, send a message to friends etc.

Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    well the PS3 is an entertainment system, it was clearly designed for multimedia and not just games. which means a vast majority of time is spent on the XMB by a lot of users. even gamers use the XMB very frequently whether it to be to change the music playing, send a message to friends etc.
    I can't agree with you more... perhaps I should have been a bit clearer in my post - the point I tried to get across with being in two minds, is that I like the change, but $ony spends so much effort in things they think people want instead of trying to listen to what people really want. If you have a poll and ask people to vote on 2 options one being a change in XMB and the other in one being something users have asked for for years now, then surely the poll would be lobsided to what users want.

Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
    I can't agree with you more ... perhaps I should have been a bit clearer in my post - the point I tried to get across with being in two minds, is that I like the change, but $ony spends so much effort in things they think people want instead of trying to listen to what people really want. If you have a poll and ask people to vote on 2 options one being a change in XMB and the other in one being something users have asked for for years now, then surely the poll would be lobsided to what users want.
    ah i see what you mean, i agree. i'd like more important things too.

at least this is a step forward tho, this time we're getting something instead of it taken away from us lol

Exclamation

this is a trick so people start to update from 3.15fw!!!

i as a slim user obviosuly have no choice so i have to update... In to topic i was wondering if they could implement something like 3d avatar system like using your playstation home character as something implented itself in the xmb. Now that would be cool and more people will buy stuff from psn for playstation home.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News