Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: Sony to Start PS4 Production at End of 2011

Sponsored Links
    Today Aaron Lee of DigiTimes.com (linked above) reports that according to Taiwan makers Sony is rumored to start production of the PS4 console at the end of 2011.

To quote: Sony will have Taiwan-based partners begin production of PlayStation 4 (PS4) featuring body movement-based control like Kinect at the end of 2011 for launch in 2012, according to Taiwan-based component makers.

Foxconn and Pegatron Technology, assemblers of PS3, will undertake assembly of PS4 as well, the sources pointed out.

The planned shipment volume of PS4 in 2012 is at least 20 million units, the sources indicated.

Rumor: Sony to Start PS4 Production at End of 2011

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not likely since Sony have stated all year that a new PlayStation won't be coming out for a while and if they were planning on launching in 2012 we'd have already heard about it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I labeled it as a rumor and moved it to the main page now... and +Rep syphonlord for the submission!

if it were coming out in 2012 hopefully they'd have the prototype done, why not at e3 then, and test it extensively to ensure no such problems as ylod etc.. i'd hope to get more life out of the ps3 than another year or so before its obsolete.. i guess its outdated compared to pc gaming though!! i won't be buying one.. i will be going pc next round.. the ps4 will be obsolete in a year!!

I don't trust this source. Since it is not rumor... Sony mentioned this from:

theworldgadget.com/gadget/games/sony-confirms-playstation-4-in-development%E2%80%8E-now.html

I don't think either Sony or Microsoft are interested in a new console until they can advance the technology, and they certainly don't want to launch at a $600 price point, Michael Pachter of Wedbush Securities said to the games website Kotaku.

It may take until 2014 to get 2TB hard drives, uber-fast CPUs and state-of-the art graphics, and sell at $400.

Indeed, Sony also stated that developers will help build the next PlayStation and that it will likely arrive after the Next-Gen 360 and Nintendo.

Here is to hoping PS4 is still a few years off, not ready to switch to PS4News.com yet myself!

Banned User
    I would imagine the PS4 would be using a SSD for performance reasons, although maybe not since they are significantly more expensive per GB than a HDD. But maybe in a few years, when the PS4 is ready to release, SSD's will be much cheaper. Worst case scenario is that it will be fully SSD-capable, meaning it has TRIM and all that other stuff to reduce the wear on the drive in case somebody wants to use a SSD. Cause while you can use a SSD in the PS3, I don't think it has TRIM capabilities (maybe it does, anybody know?)

One thing we can count on is that the PS4 will no doubt will be touch-technology ready, because that seems to be the way things are going nowadays (like with PSVita and Windows 8 for example). Not something I want to see happen, but that is the demand. I would also think that the PS4 will have to think ahead and up the maximum resolution beyond 1080p, because we are reaching the time now where 1080p isn't good enough for home HDTV's, and pretty soon we will start to see HDTV's that will go much higher than 1080p.

Either way it seems like the PS3 is finally starting to get up to speed and it still seems like developers haven't quite yet gotten all they can out of the PS3's power yet, plus it just feels too early for another one. Maybe in 2-3 years, but 2012? No way! In order to make something significantly better than the PS3 (which is what each new generation console aims to accomplish), the price tag would be enormous. In 2-3 years that technology will have dropped in price drastically and would be more reasonable. But not as early as 2012.

...how will it work ?

The game of chess begins from the big 3 with plans of the next gen wii rumored as well , wonder how they will get around the licensing of the kinect technology or will they have another lg case on there hands , suppose it's over to you know Microsoft to show us what your planning.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax69 View Post
    The game of chess begins from the big 3 with plans of the next gen wii rumored as well , wonder how they will get around the licensing of the kinect technology or will they have another lg case on there hands , suppose it's over to you know Microsoft to show us what your planning.
    The next gen wii is hardly rumoured, Nintendo themselves unveiled it at e3. It's called the Wii U. Sony and Microsoft have both point blank denied they're releasing any new consoles (other than vita) in the next two years and their projected earnings back them up.

Microsoft are most likely to release a new console at the end of 2013 with a reveal next year at some point, with Sony at most a year behind them. Maybe later, but 100% definitely not before then otherwise investors would have already been notified and dev studios wouldn't be flat out denying they have the dev kits. As for Nintendos Wii U it's already confirmed for a 2012 launch, probably end of 2012 since the games are so early in development and they'll want to release around Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News