Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well this is exactly what I would expect Sony to do. Use the phrase backwards Compatibility while asking you to buy your "remastered" and "favorite" games again

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Put it in 3D & I'll buy it. Enough said.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm sorry but rewriting a game doesn't constitude as backward compatible.. so it's up to the community to show Sony how to do it by writing it's own PS2 emulator.. WITH decend HD upscaling..

This was $ony's plan all along; to re-sell you games less than 5 years old for close to full price with minimal improvements. It's the entire reason why they yanked software backwards compatibility.

The thing is that I am ok with re-releases, so long as there is enough new content to justify a purchase. For example, Nintendo re-released the Gamecube Mario Tennis and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with new controls without yanking BC from the Wii, and they sold fairly well. The MegaMan anniversary collection is another example which did well even though it was a collection of PS1 games on PS2. $ony could have had both backwards compatibility and re-releases, but they are too greedy and don't care even a little about their customers. As a result only a few re-releases will exist for the most popular titles, and the best PS2 games will never see a PS3 release.

But there is a silver lining. I discovered a few weeks ago that PCSX2 now plays PS2 games perfectly at full speed in HD with surround sound on a mid grade PC. This is what I was waiting for 5+ years for the PS3 to accomplish. $ony can take their DRM infested, bug riddled, unreliable hardware and shove it.

Why not. If the Games stay cheap, than it is okay.

Resi-Remakes from Cube, were nice Games... and GOW1+2 is nice also.

Trophy support and HD graphics is pretty cool... I wouldn't mind paying $20-30 per title, any more and it'd just be pushing it.

I'm quite sure IF we ever got PS2 emulation, they wouldn't have trophy support... Or would they?

Sure, people will say "Oh, but trophies don't even matter!" Well, I'm one of the people who actually enjoys getting trophies. It makes the game just a little bit more enjoyable, and actually gives me a bit more incentive to go out of my way and do extra stuff

PS3 is my first ever console so I like this idea. I liked what they did to GOW collection so I'll support this move. I get to play the classic games that I never played.

Quote Originally Posted by chomps268 View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying $20-30 per title, any more and it'd just be pushing it.
    Agree 100% It better not be the full price of the req PS3 game, even though I just know sony will ask the full price. But I really think if there gonna do what they pulled with the God of war collection for the ps3 then they need to bring the price down( or at least add some extra content)

But for some, like this leaked photo: joystiq.com/2010/09/14/ico-shadow-of-the-colossus-hd-bundle-pops-up-in-retail-listing/

I'll for sure pay full price
    Last edited by Aba; 11-07-2010 at 01:05 AM

Re-issues is a great idea, but I don't really think that qualifies as BC, because you will not be able to put the re-issue into your PS2 and play it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDre View Post
    I'm sorry but rewriting a game doesn't constitude as backward compatible.. so it's up to the community to show Sony how to do it by writing it's own PS2 emulator.. WITH decend HD upscaling..
    Absolutely agree - it'll be the homebrew community that ultimately gets the PS2 BC back, though I think HD upscaling might be asking for a bit much from an emulator. I gotta imagine the PS3's hardware is capable of running a descent PS2 emulator (so says the guy with no programming ability).

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News