Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very well said about the internet bandwidth guys. Good points made here. I'd like to add something if I may. The guys that make the PS3 possible and PS4 possible, etc. also look at the global market, not just single country markets. As this technology gets cheaper, it becomes more widely available.

Now say if Verizon was to offer unlimited bandwidth and very fast and cheap download speeds, downloading complete games would be very convenient. However, when you compare that so say Senegal, there may be very limited internet bandwidth provided, and the speeds may not be as advanced (amongst other things) so it is more profitable/ logical to go with disc drives. (or as might be seen, both) Selling consoles is not only a business for profit, but a way to bring the people of the world together.

You can't make a system specifically for one group of people because it eliminates the possibility of connecting to other groups. Communication is vital in this ever modernizing world. Just my two cents. Hope it made some sense.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not a good idea cause when I buy a game from the store as soon as i get home i want to play it the first install used to bother me and that is just a few hundred kilo's or megabytes, but now your telling me i would have to wait for up to 30 maybe more gigabytes to download like how long would that take xbox is starting to sound a lot better everyday.
    Last edited by STREETS2525; 01-13-2010 at 07:14 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by STREETS2525 View Post
    Not a good idea cause when I buy a game from the store as soon as i get home i want to play it the first install used to bother me and that is just a few hundred kilo's or megabytes, but now your telling me i would have to wait for up to 30 maybe more gigabytes to download like how long would that take xbox is starting to sound a lot better everyday.
    I don't understand the point in your question. Could you possibly rephrase it? Installing games to the 360 HDD still takes time and requires your CD to launch. A Homebrew 360 will still require the installation to the HDD, and whether or not you download the games or rip them, that also takes time. So again, perhaps I misunderstood, but I don't see how the 360 saves you anytime whatsoever (we can get into specifics if you wish it so )

Well i think all of you guys knows Sony's history back from days of original Playstation:

1) PS = CD
    2) PS2 = DVD
    3) PSP = UMD
    4) PS3 = BD
    and maybe maybe
    5) PS4 = HVD or BDHD or BD HC

So i think as this is just my thought looking back at the history of Sony they'll surely launch PS4 with an optical drive instead of going digital downloads if they learnt their lesson from PSPGO which has poor sales so far even 9 years old PS2 is beating it.

Just to add to the post above... BluRay is gonna be getting an update (FW not hardware) so that they can fit even more data onto the same discs. I think the numbers are somethin like 65gb/dual layer BD so even without there being a new optical medium in the future there is still ALOT of potential in the optical mediums today to be expanded on and i believe all of that would be a total waste of time and resources if consoles chose NOT to exploit that.

So my stance is ps4 should use optical media and not solely rely on digital downloads, because the two (as previously stated) go very well together.

I don't understand the point in your question. Could you possibly rephrase it? Installing games to the 360 HDD still takes time and requires your CD to launch. A Homebrew 360 will still require the installation to the HDD, and whether or not you download the games or rip them, that also takes time. So again, perhaps I misunderstood, but I don't see how the 360 saves you anytime whatsoever (we can get into specifics if you wish it so )
    Well i didn't intend for it to be an actual question its just a statement saying that moving from disc based games to downloaded games would not be a wise choice even if you had a good internet connection without a download cap. it would still be time consuming and the xbox you have a choice.. if you want to download and save on your hard drive you can do that, but the ps3 or ps4 whatever the case may be not a good idea (pspgo) or maybe i misunderstood something.
    Last edited by STREETS2525; 01-14-2010 at 03:55 AM

Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    Just to add to the post above... BluRay is gonna be getting an update (FW not hardware) so that they can fit even more data onto the same discs. I think the numbers are somethin like 65gb/dual layer BD so even without there being a new optical medium in the future there is still ALOT of potential in the optical mediums today to be expanded on and i believe all of that would be a total waste of time and resources if consoles chose NOT to exploit that.

So my stance is ps4 should use optical media and not solely rely on digital downloads, because the two (as previously stated) go very well together.
    I believe they have increased the BD to 33GB and the BD DL to 65GB (as you have stated). I also read either here or on some tech site that Toshiba and Sony are experimenting and pushing the layered BD capacity to 100GB and even 200GB, these would be called multi layered BD.
    Well i didn't intend for it to be an actual question its just a statement saying that moving from disc based games to downloaded games would not be a wise choice even if you had a good internet connection without a download cap. it would still be time consuming and the xbox you have a choice.. if you want to download and save on your hard drive you can do that, but the ps3 or ps4 whatever the case may be not a good idea (pspgo) or maybe i misunderstood something.
    I still fail to see the argument. In both cases [Xbox 360 and PS3] downloading requires an internet connection. So the speeds wouldn't be any greater on either system. The amount required to download would be less on the Xbox 360, but the speed at which you download would stay the same. Perhaps you were referring to saving the games off the HD-DVD to the hard drive? That's a whole other story in that case, but as far as your question's/ statement's wording goes, it alludes me to believe we are discussing the former argument about internet downloading, and I still stand by my statement that it would be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewlev View Post
    Anyone know in with year the ps4 comes.. 2020?
    Oh very soon, if PS3 will be not hacked.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News