Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This depends on the selled consoles in summary. The Wii allready have solld more then 60 Mil consoles.

Sony never can be sold such a lot of games because they dont have selled such a lot on consoles

If a console successes or not HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH HOMEBREW OR BACKUPS!!

It only depends on what the console costs.You wonna proof?

In the first week the PS3 Slim would be released and selled for 300€ the haved a + to the previeus month of 1000% !!

Look if some one of you both haved sayed that Sony maybe loos in case that the PS3 was to high priced to the release then i maybe would have agreed with your both.

But it hase absolutely nothing to do with HB or Pirated games. I would wish that the PS3 never get hacked and that with the start of the world wide change to HD TV and the havy changing to BD Players, that the PS3 here last years will be the successor and reach the sales nearly of Big-N and there Wii without being hacked.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    From my experience in a 3rd world country where we import games and consoles from 1st world retail stores and online stores (in the millions, so yes we contribute to your sales figures) it does. it also does contribute in 1st world nations as some have commented on considering HB/backups in their purchases.

Your insistence on disagreeing is simply based on a misguided logic and the assumption that nothing beneficial comes out of piracy and homebrew. Even something as simple as wanting to backup your bought games or wanting to be able to have discs but still run your games off HDD with a hacked console can contribute to a decision to buy a console

Maybe you don't see that but its true. I could go as far as saying it helps game sales but that would be much harder to defend.

Sponsored Links

PS4 in 2015~2016

Sponsored Links
    If Sony ever releases PS4 it should be in 2015~2016 and the optical drive should be HVD bcz sony always launch there nextgen console with nextgen optical format.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsx2006 View Post
    If Sony ever releases PS4 it should be in 2015~2016 and the optical drive should be HVD bcz sony always launch there nextgen console with nextgen optical format.
    From wikipedia:
    Such large optical storage capacities compete favorably with the Blu-ray Disc format. However, holographic drives are projected to initially cost around US$15,000, and a single disc around US$120–180, although prices are expected to fall steadily.[4] The market for this format is not initially the common consumer, but enterprises with very large storage needs.
    [Register or Login to view links]

The playstation line is not the place to be constantly protoyping new tech, otherwise its just going to always be too expensive for regular folks. They can still release HVD i suspect in 2012 (the format is spec-ed etc) allowing the ps4 to use future HVD releases but bluray would work just as well till ps5 which would be more suited for the 500GB+ capacities of those discs.

The releases with new disc formats might have simply been a natural thing coinciding with the needs they saw from developers. A faster bluray drive in the ps4 that can read 100GB discs at good speeds is enough.

PS = CD
    PS2 = DVD
    PS3 = BD
    and maybe
    PS4 = HVD

i meant to say sony always launch their nextgen console WITH nextgen optical format i did'nt say that sony is the first company that uses nextgen optical format it could already been used by anyother hardware company.

At pcsx2006
    Correct i totally agree with you.This is also one of the points why a next gen Sony console maybe could be released a few years later then normally.

At semitope
    From my experience in a 3rd world country where we import games and consoles from 1st world retail stores and online stores (in the millions, so yes we contribute to your sales figures) it does. it also does contribute in 1st world nations as some have commented on considering HB/backups in their purchases.

Your insistence on disagreeing is simply based on a misguided logic and the assumption that nothing beneficial comes out of piracy and homebrew. Even something as simple as wanting to backup your bought games or wanting to be able to have discs but still run your games off HDD with a hacked console can contribute to a decision to buy a console

Maybe you don't see that but its true. I could go as far as saying it helps game sales but that would be much harder to defend.
    You plz from "ost europe" or like you from "3rd world" country are in a special case such ignorant and always talking about how dirt-poor your are.

I do not want to say that it isnt so but before i counter your post i well tell ya like i life:
    I life in my owen store!Yes im independent.But i dont owen a shower or a washing machine.If i want to wash my body i have to go to a commercial bathroom.If i want to wash my clothes i have to went to a launderette.My appartment/store will cost 500€ per month without energy or gas.Also i then need something to eat and money as mentoined to wash my self and my clothes.And my NET provider also want to have money per month.But when i have a good month then i will have 800€ or so.There is no money for games or other private things.

Today my provider activated my previously cutted internet connection becouse i couldnt pay the last two months.

But i love my job. Im console modder

And to counter your post - You telling me things like:
    Maybe you don't see that but its true.
    Did you know that Nintendo and Sony in the past haved a joined project?Do you know that Nintendo and Sony developet the PS1 to gether?
    Did you know that Nintendo in case that they cancelled the project with sony and developed the N64 got in havy troubles?
    Did you know that Nintendo with the GC loosed such many ground that without the GB series they wouldnt be any more?
    Could you imaging that Sony have the patent of producing CDīs,DVDīs and now BDīs?
    Did you know that every one who want to produce blanks have to pay the license from Sony?
    Do you know the SwapMagic Disk for PS2?
    Could you imaging that Sony maybe knowed about this disk production?
    Could it maybe be that this Disk comes from Sony?
    Could it be that Sony need Nintendo in the scene?
    Could it be that in case of the financial dissaster of Nintendo Sony leafe the HB marked for this gen to Nintendo?
    Could you imaging that Nintendo knows about all this hacking but THEY WANT IT?
    Why they block a normal older IOS like the IOS36-64-1049 but does not block the IOS249?
    Why they remove the Trucha Bug from IOSīs but doent remove it from boot1 wich is the second file loaded by the Wii douring boot up and allow us in case of DONT removed Trucha Bug the execution of THE Trucha Bug via boot2 and this allows much more? (downgrading of system files)
    Does Nintendo now have more money to develope a reall Next Gen console?
    Could you maybe imaging that if Sony haved troped the PS3 to the release for 400€ that now the ps3 would be leader in the market without being hacked?

ok just putting my input out there..

even i want the ps3 hacked because i want to play backups, but lets think about this. if everyone started only pirating games because consoles became so easy to hack, just to sell more consoles, than developers would lose money and sales. and when a developer loses money and sales they have lesser funds and lesser motivation to go and make a sequel, release patches, updates and even DLC.

the point is, the more hackable consoles are, the worse it is for everyone.. if consoles ever become easy to hack then thats the end of the gaming industry. dev's will quit, sony, microsoft, nintendo will start losing sales due to the poor quality of games and the gaming industry will die.. the thing is, this is ALL possible. its not some fictional thing that only happens in the movies. if piracy ever becomes so big than gaming will be gone forever.

he Livepool I disagree with you because sony not lost sales because their console is more hackable, but has a higher price than its competitor Microsoft, also I say this for the games, you realize that some of the games that come out to the 2 consoles have the same graphics if we are to compare, let's see the PS4 with a threefold increase compared with the PS3, even more if they start using 3DHTV. What I want is to be a little more difficult to hack to have fun and break my head going hours without sleep trying to do something to this new console ...

Thumbs Up WOW!!!

Holly crap. i know that this is just a rumor. BUT!! this rendering is absalutley incredible!!!! but i imagine that if this would actually be the PS4 i foresee a $800-$900 price tag.

i don't see a L R buttons.

but again this thing is AWSOME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pcsx2006 View Post
    PS = CD
    PS2 = DVD
    PS3 = BD
    and maybe
    PS4 = HVD

i meant to say sony always launch their nextgen console WITH nextgen optical format i did'nt say that sony is the first company that uses nextgen optical format it could already been used by anyother hardware company.
    didnt say you did :S. Prophet you are rude and not worth responding to, I did not read your post beyond your insult. For the rest, the world is not black and white. There is a little bit of grey even if you don't want to see it. In some cases piracy helps developers and in others it does not. No one said piracy should be rampant and there has to be countermeasures and ways to ensure that ppl will buy your game when they can (including maknig it as easy as possible). Here I don't encourage anyone to buy a ps3 even though bought one. I tell them straight that you would have to buy "all" your games to enjoy the console. Keep thinking that is not a significant consideration.

the ps3 will never reach the sales of the ps2 no matter how cheap they make it, if its not hacked. Thats what I believe. It will always have that something less than the 360 and wii that will not allow it to sell outside the 3 major markets.
    Last edited by semitope; 11-27-2009 at 04:43 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News