Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: Resistance 3 PS3 Billboard Ad Spotted in Louisiana

Sponsored Links
    Today goldsoundz from NeoGAF (linked above) spotted a Resistance 3 PS3 billboard ad in Louisiana.

The billboard may be made specifically for Battle: Los Angeles, an upcoming movie from Sony's Columbia Pictures.

The unannounced title, presumably to be released in fall of 2010 on the PS3, would be the third game in the series, following Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2 on the PlayStation 3.

A video is below, and to quote: "I saw this billboard today in Shreveport, Louisiana. There are a lot of movies filmed here, and this one is about some sort of alien takeover of Los Angeles; the name of the film escapes me at the moment.

Snapped off a few photos of the billboard since I wasn't sure if the game had been announced yet or not. If not, then I'm surprised Insomniac would be announcing it here of all places."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    umm.. wouldn't it the third game?.. hence the 3?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Correct indeed.. I fixed the typo above!

Question

Resistance games have some drawings behind the word "Resistance". If you look at this billboard you will find the drawings different than Resistance 1 and Resistance 2.

This is the box art for the "Resistance: Fall of Man":

And this is the box art for the second game:

This billboard one looks different. At first I thought this is definately a new game, however, until I found this box art for "Resistance 2" which showcases the same drawings:

So?! What do you think?!
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

resistance-fall-of-man.jpg   Resistance2-box-art-sm.jpg   resistance2_2.png  

Looks Great!!! I just can't wait for it!

@Ruyuuk
    The final image you have posted for Resistance 2 is a custom cover that someone else has made. I think you are on to something though about the landmarks used in the 'A' of Resistance.

Resistance: Fall of Man- Big Ben: London.
    Resistance 2- Golden Gate Bridge: San Francisco.
    Resistance 3- Statue of Liberty: New York (as a possible location?)

Both Resistance and Resistance 2 were very solid games. It will be interesting to see who the protagonist is in the third game, considering how the second game ended.

Resistance 3 at CES

I was told that Resistance 3 will have a demo at CES 2010 in Vegas. Any confirmation on this?

all ready here!! this sounds interesting indeed!

Apparetnly Insomniac rotates on a two year basis doing a ratchet and clank game, and then a resistance game. Therefore it might make sense to see this game released next holiday season. While the game has really been announced yet (we all knew it was coming though), the billboard may have been created to be used as a prop in the movie. Maybe the movie is even based on the resistance games.

Now how did I miss that?

I live in shreveport, and I even know where that area of town is.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News