Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hahaha, what $ony doesn't realize is their sales aren't tanking because of piracy, their sales are tanking because of the way that they treat their customers, that BOUGHT their product. WE are supporting you, yet you treat us like we're prisoners in our own home.

I'm one of the very large majority of you who will avoid buying $ony products in the future.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Let's imagine that hack is not possible, then many people will not buy PS3, and of course they will not buy games for it.

Now let's imagine that hack is possible (present situation). Many people will buy PS3, but will not buy games for it (worst case scenario - actually they'll buy some). Now, the question arises: In which case Sony will have bigger sales?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    For real. I've had at least 8 friends buy a Wii that wouldnt even consider it beforehand, but after seeing my modded one loading games off hard drives they promptly anted up the dough for the console and a few hundred worth of wii accessories.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Like I said I am not worried about sony yelling it but the news and the internet yelling" First the Psp died due to piracy and then the ps3 we need to stop piracy" when the psp died due to shitty games/controls and the ps3 due to patents and frivolous lawsuits.

yea that's pretty much how I see the ps3 falling also, not to mention how horribly they have been treating their customers lately.

Yeah but its not taking them forever to license Japanese and some of those don't even make it to our shores. Bomberman I bought from Japanese store so whats the problem negotiate for both Japanese and US market so thats BS.

Stop defending the monster I have Sony Theatrer TV etc and now I am done. Hope they go under I care less cause they treat me like crap anyway. At least Nintendo tries!!

Wow, talk about the phrase, "What goes around, comes around." Whoever thought that Sony themselves would have to be concerned about being banned. lol...

But seriously, I always did like the PS3 and still do. My only complaint to Sony was the removal of "OtherOS" last year seeing that I own a 60gig system. Most of last year's updates were for removing something from the PS3 or security patches. If there were any updates that gave you good useful features of enjoyment on the PS3 there were not many in my opinion.

Did you read my link? It kinda explains why it takes so long, or if at all, a release of a ps1 classic actually comes to fruition. Licencing laws are going to be different in various parts of the world, UK/EU and US have differing laws from each other just as the Asian regions do. Also the article explains that there's a certain level of standard that needs to be met in terms of QA and porting a title will obviously have it's defects and problems which can hinder or even halt the games release.

I'm not defending Sony but it's boring and annoying me hearing people ***** moan about Sony being this evil giant money making customer hating back stabbing corporation because they removed OtherOS when people were trying to use it as a backdoor into the system and then because they decided to sue everyone who did exploit the system, as if that's not what you would do if someone exploited your hardware.

Boycot Sony and their products if you feel that way but at the end of the day we (and I say "we" because 90% of the people on this forum will have a JB PS3) have exploited a products security.

Whether it's our property to exploit or not (and I'm one of those who believe that once you've bought it, then you can do what you want with it) the company who has produced that system needs to be seen as being proactive in fighting for that security and holding those responsible accountable for their actions, because Sony relies on other companys (read: Developers) to make money and keep that product successful, and if they can't keep the dev's trust in the product then they lose that success.

You feel like you've been screwed over by Sony... you screwed Sony over by JB your PS3.

I hope so. Sony is going to pay! Sony is selfish and heartless. DISGUSTING!

Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    Did you read my link? It kinda explains why it takes so long, or if at all, a release of a ps1 classic actually comes to fruition. Licencing laws are going to be different in various parts of the world, UK/EU and US have differing laws from each other just as the Asian regions do. Also the article explains that there's a certain level of standard that needs to be met in terms of QA and porting a title will obviously have it's defects and problems which can hinder or even halt the games release.
    I was thinking this same thing today - about the aspect of the closed system being fruitful through developers who have to trust the platform. I personally don't blame them for getting upset, but I DO think they're being overly aggressive. We'll see what their hardware approach is soon.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News