Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Rumor: PS3 Slim to Be Further Stripped of Non-gaming Aspects

Sponsored Links
    According to N4G poster Super_Secret (who [Register or Login to view links] last week that PS3 Firmware 2.80 would be released on Wednesday), the rumored PS3 Slim will arrive lacking some non-gaming features found in current PlayStation 3 console versions.

To quote: The support for other operating systems will be one such featured stripped, as well as other hardware changes, including the on/off switch in the back of the console.

Obviously only time will tell if Super_Secret is correct once again, however, it would make sense considering Sony has already docked features from the original 60GB PS3 in order to offer the current reduced price (and feature) revisions.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Remove the on/off switch? that would seem a desperate move..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well It looks like a mini ps3 with less features. It might turn the strides for them if they could get the price of ps3 to arround 200 USD. That would be good

slim???

Slim? Slim?? Well, it's not very tall, granted, but from that picture it looks massively fat! But then, the picture is only speculation I guess...

In all seriousness, the only reason I can see for removing otheros is that apparently on recent PS3s, the flash is tiny and it just boots the main firmware from disk. As otheros uses about 4MB of flash, it *might* be a cost-cutting exercise to reduce this further. Otherwise it seems a bit pointless to remove otheros...

Quote Originally Posted by tragedy View Post
    Well, it's not very tall, granted, but from that picture it looks massively fat! But then, the picture is only speculation I guess...
    Correct, the pic was just one I grabbed from Google Images to go with the article, which in itself is still speculation as Sony continues denying a "PS3 Slim" exists.

The guy is going to release some big chunk of info and then disappear forever. On the forum he is taking questions. I guess he will answer them in the big post then that is it. One big Leak-o-rama.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairb View Post
    The guy is going to release some big chunk of info and then disappear forever. On the forum he is taking questions. I guess he will answer them in the big post then that is it. One big Leak-o-rama.
    haha, yeah, it always seems to work that way. I can't blame them though, really. I'd try laying low as well if a furious corporate started hunting me down.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News