Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: PS3 Slim and 160gb coming soon?

Sponsored Links
    T3 magazine are touting a rumor that Sony have a slim PS3 in the pipeline. Their source also reckons that a 160gb machine is coming soon.

Now personally I think this is a bit too soon, but it may just be yet another downsize of the console to save on manufacturing costs.

To quote: The guys at T3 are saying one of their inside men has heard word that Sony will be producing a slimmer, sexier PS3 heading for the shelves this Spring.

While everyone knows that Sony will eventually shrink its very obese console, such news would come as a surprise given that Sony took many more years to shrink their PSOne and PS2 (though Sony has recently successfully shrunken their Blu-ray laser to fit in laptops).

Still, Sony's biggest goal at the moment is building consoles cheaper. Maybe that means small, too. Maybe it doesn't.

Either way, T3's mock-up looks sexy as hell, and they also think a new rumored 160GB model could appear in the new slinky, skinny-as-Kate-Moss form.

Rumor: PS3 Slim and 160gb coming soon?

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    umm..why cant people give up on "ps3 slim" crap. im sure sony has plans for it, just not for the next 5 years! (imo) getting any news (if that is what they call it) from sources like t3 is always laughable and should be taken with a large grain of salt-neways it would cost sony TONS of money to switch over all production and research to a "SLIM MODEL". we'll see it in, MAYBE, 5years

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ironstealth View Post
    umm..why cant people give up on "ps3 slim" crap. im sure sony has plans for it,just not for the next 5 years!(imo) getting any news(if that is what they call it)from sources like t3 is always laughable and should be taken with a large grain of salt-neways it would cost sony TONS of money to switch over all production and research to a "SLIM MODEL". we'll see it in,MAYBE, 5years
    I agree with you. It wouldn't be too smart if they did release it so soon.

Instead of spending money to create a PS3 slim they could spend the money to create good games, cus until now the list isn't the best one..

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenfall View Post
    Instead of spending money to create a PS3 slim they could spend the money to create good games, cus until now the list isn't the best one..
    Well GTA IV Is about to be released so The list is definitely growing

It may actualy cost them less to produce and ship than the fat version in which case it makes perfect sense.

I would be ecstatic if sony came out with a 160gb and the slimline sounds nice too, but I really like the PS3 the way it is and they should just concentrate on more hard drive space and better games.

I don't believe developers want to spend 10,000 on equipment just for that, probably in another 4-5 years is ok

There is no point in a slim version the market is just not ready for it. The standard PS3 is selling just fine, perhaps when sales start to drop, but that wont be for a long time I think, so I would't get too excited about this yet.

this could be a big risk for sony if they try to bring this out along with some of the ps3 exclusives coming soon the consoles may suffer from heating issues and with the ps3 selling more and more each month why risk causing such a drop in their profits as for the bigger hard drive it would probably work out cheaper to get a smaller internal hard drive then buy a much larger external hard drive which many people have done
    so while this idea sounds good due to the size if the ps3 it may be best to wait 3-4yrs and add a bigger hardrive which is less likely to overheat (this could be a problem if rushed) also it may be a good counter to what ever xbox release (720?) which i think is likely to take place in the next 4-5yrs

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News