Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Rumor: PS3 Hello World Homebrew Method Found?!

Sponsored Links
    Dragula96 has posted a video (below) on YouTube today that demonstrates a PS3 "Hello World" Proof-Of-Concept.

Needless to say, today is the day before April 1st (April Fool's Day), however, dragula96 has been a long-standing contributer of several development boards (including PS2Dev) for several years... so we have opted give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being and dubbed this a "rumor" ;)

He also states he is attempting to get a game of Pong working, and that he will share the method and source code in time.

According to dragula96, this does not require any hardware modification and the method has been tested on a PS3 40GB and 60GB console- both of which have current 2.20 Firmware and are retail models, not development models!

To quote: In the video, you can see some tape on my TV, that is to hide MAC and IP addresses... there are no cuts in video at all.

I have spent somewhere around 9 hours to get this working, and I hope you guys don't think this is a fake.. I have a good reputation in the PSP scene. I would not release something if it was fake (even if it is close to April Fool's Day).

I do not know the extent of which the discovery will let me program, but I seriously doubt this will lead to any iSO loader, it does however have the potential of enabling homebrew game programming I believe.

Legit, or an early April Fool's Day joke? You decide! :)

More PlayStation 3 News...

Registered User wicked insanity's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hmm, I'm still a bit sceptical about this not much is shown in the video. It looks legit but it just doesn't seem much, perhaps if he takes the development further we could see something useful with this, unless SONY fixes the exploit in a fw update once they figure how its done.

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    It's now released, use this thread for related discussion: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...sed-95831.html

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News