Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: PS3 to Get Cross-Title Voice Chat in PS3 Firmware 3.10

Sponsored Links
    According to an inside source at VG247.com (linked above), the PlayStation 3 will be getting cross-title voice chat next month included in a PS3 Firmware 3.10 update.

No further details are available yet, but to quote from the source:

"A VG247 source said today that Sony has informed developers of plans to incorporate cross-title voice chat in PS3 play by the end of October.

The feature will be added in Firmware update 3.10, we were told.

Cross-title chat is consistently one of the most asked-for features on PS3 - looks like Sony's ready to deliver."

Rumor: PS3 to Get Cross-Title Voice Chat in PS3 Firmware 3.10

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hmmm hope this isnt just to stir things up again! how many times have we heard this though before..

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Indeed, although I consider VG247 to be a lot more credible (they actually attend and are among the first to publish all the E3/GamesCom/TGS etc event news) than some of the past sites who reported the rumor... so here's to hoping, eh?

Didn't Sony say that there weren't going to be any new firmware updates for the rest of the year?

I don't really believe this will happen. If it does, it would be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up.

well this could just be a patch and to shut us up give us the voice chat in the process.

@broy4686 I think Sony said that there won't be any major update this year, but 3.10 sounds like something minor.

Maybe they try to calm down all the guys that have to wait again for GT5 until next March (like me).

Quote Originally Posted by gtxboyracer View Post
    Hmmm hope this isnt just to stir things up again! how many times have we heard this though before..
    agree! its probably more than 40+ article in the past year of rumor cross chat in ps3 -__- ...

Let's just hope that another "mystery publisher" doesn't get pissy and stops this from happening again _.

Thumbs Up

This will be awesome news if proves to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by broy4686 View Post
    Didn't Sony say that there weren't going to be any new firmware updates for the rest of the year?

I don't really believe this will happen. If it does, it would be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    No, Sony said there weren't going to be any major firmware updates for the rest of the year.

it seems within each firmware version that gets released on the PS3, there's always someone saying that cross game chat will be included. i don't believe this rumor and everyone shouldn't get there hopes up. cross chat will come eventually, but i don't see it coming soon.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News