Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: PS3 Firmware 3.40 Released to Devs, Coming Soon?

Sponsored Links
    Today TheSixthAxis.com (linked above) reports that they received confirmation that PS3 Firmware 3.40 has been released to PlayStation 3 developers, and that this may be a sign the update is coming soon for users as well.

It's been just about a month since PS3 Firmware 3.30 was released, and this rumor may lend credence to the recently rumored PS3 XMB Redesign if it turns out to be legitimate.

To quote: "We're told System Software version 3.40 was released to developers late last week, and although parity between dev and retail firmware updates isn't always guaranteed (or indeed timely) recently they've been pretty close, with, our sources say, just a few weeks between testing and public release.

Update: we've been told that the update has vanished."

Rumor: PS3 Firmware 3.40 Released to Devs, Coming Soon?

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great another update, i just updated my ps3 to 3.30 because i was sick of not be able to play online. Hope this update is worth while.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    boss, what do you mean by "The update has vanished"?

That is just what TheSixthAxis updated their article with, so what probably happened is Sony caught wind of the news and simply removed it from their media server.

hopefully a few people managed to grab it before it was taken off.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by silencephaze View Post
    Great another update, i just updated my ps3 to 3.30 because i was sick of not be able to play online.
    if i would get 1 dollar for everyone who says this, i would be able to buy now a car... do you really think someone is interested in this?

@topic: i hope rockstar used 3.15 sdk for red dead redemption =/ it's frustrating that the game you waited so long for, is now eventually not plyable...

I would not be surprised if $ony brings out a new fw upgrade every 30-45 days. This way they keep the guys trying to hack the PS3 on the backfoot and in the meanwhile they get users to slowly but surely to update to the "big brother" setup. All they need to do is bring out one cool feature in every update... tis actually clever from the kids over there!

piss on sony and their updates, i'm still 3.15 i've just been hangin out playing my wii and my old school PS2 games the ocasonal sega CD game here and their online gameing wasn't a nacessity back in the day and its not now.

by the way what games force you to FW update? i know everything up to Go@3 and FF13 are safe but how about games launched after that like lost planet 2 ?

what about mod nation racers, do you think that can force me to update when i buy it?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by korn16ftl3 View Post
    by the way what games force you to FW update? i know everything up to Go@3 and FF13 are safe but how about games launched after that like lost planet 2 ?
    Have a look at this thread: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...st-110873.html

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News