Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Rumor: PS3 3D Firmware Update to Arrive on June 10, 2010

Sponsored Links
    Update: Today SCEJ has [Register or Login to view links] the rumor, as discovered by [Register or Login to view links], along with the initial PS3 3D titles previously announced.

Just under a month ago we reported on an upcoming PS3 Firmware update that includes a 3D video output option, and today Japanese site [Register or Login to view links] claim that it will arrive on June 10, 2010.

To quote: "The update, which we're assuming will coincide with the launch of the LX900 television, will also unlock 3D Blu-ray movie viewing.

You'll need a compatible set (and those glasses) to see the 3D, though."

For those curious, PS3 Devs have confirmed that Debug update 3.20 weighs in at 149 MB (156,756,437 bytes) and that 3.21 is also already making its rounds... hopefully a leak will follow, eh?

Rumor: PS3 3D Firmware Update to Arrive on June 10, 2010

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Let's hope, cross game voice chat comes first...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I hope the 3D works on 120hz tv's cause I bought a samsung dlp "3D ready" a few years ago for that reason. Most of the new tvs seem to be 240hz. I gonna be mad if its not compatible.

Lightbulb

they should have two options. one for the older 3D (example: the one like in spykids) and the newer one so that everyone can enjoy it.

I just can't find anywhere any information on what is necessary for this 3D gaming/movie stuff.. I have a KDL46W3000 that I bought at about 3000$ 2.5 years ago, and I don't plan on buying a new TV any time soon, but I still definitely want that 3D!!

My TV does 120Hz, so it should be '3D capable' but that doesn't mean anything if I can't sync my shutter glasses to it.. how the hell could I plug the emitter on my non-3d-ready TV!

Worst case scenario would be to use anaglyph or polarization system, but I don't know if Sony will want to enable that.. you know.. if they want to actually seel 3D TVs...

Quote Originally Posted by kakarotoks View Post
    I just can't find anywhere any information on what is necessary for this 3D gaming/movie stuff.. I have a KDL46W3000 that I bought at about 3000$ 2.5 years ago, and I don't plan on buying a new TV any time soon, but I still definitely want that 3D!!

My TV does 120Hz, so it should be '3D capable' but that doesn't mean anything if I can't sync my shutter glasses to it.. how the hell could I plug the emitter on my non-3d-ready TV!

Worst case scenario would be to use anaglyph or polarization system, but I don't know if Sony will want to enable that.. you know.. if they want to actually seel 3D TVs...
    The point here isn't the screen update frequency but HDMI-connector input speed. At the moment there's only few displays which accept 120Hz input signal, sorry.

The problem is the transmission signal: 3D HD signals defined as 1920x2205 (2x 1920x1080 + 45 lines blanking) per frames so if your tv not support 3D HDTV signals only the old-fashioned red-blue can be seen as "3D" :S

More at: [Register or Login to view links]

This would be sweet. I've read about this for pc games on the NVIDIA website.

re:

I wonder how long it will take for 3D games to arrive tho.

It would be nice if they released the gran turismo 3D tech demo along with this update, so people with the right TVs can see what its like

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News