Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Even at 3.5GB shared over the system, that's considerably more than what the PS3 has and should allow developers to breathe a lot more than they have before on console games.

I'm expecting faster loading now, and higher quality textures. Hopefully the 500MB system reserved memory is enough to let us multitask like we wanted to do on the PS3 but never really got it due to RAM limitations (Think in-game XMB limitations and how long it took to even get it).

PC games are only going to look better on a high end gaming PC, not just your average PC. That means a PC costing at least $1,000 compared to a console that will cost around $500. People don't want to spend insane amounts of money on a closed system that can't be upgraded which will be overshadowed by the next generation system about 7 years later. The PS3 launch was evidence of that with it's $600 price tag.

Now I'm all for better hardware specs, but I don't think people are willing to pay enough to get what you are looking for in a console. People with money build a gaming PC, people with a lower upfront budget will probably be happy with a console. There are two different niches there, and it wouldn't really make sense for consoles to try to be a direct competitor to PC since PC would obviously win due to the nature of how consoles are (closed system, no upgrade path).

If you really want that premium experience, you're going to have to buy premium PC parts and build your own PC, and be willing to shell out a greater amount of upfront money (assuming you don't already own a gaming machine to upgrade just certain parts).

With all that said, just the fact the memory is unified and much larger than before should be heaven for developers coming from the PS3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The Ps3 has had its bad points but over the course it has been the best of the current gen. I see nothing to make me think it will be any different with the next gen... sign me up for 2 on launch day!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So does this equate to 2.867 or 3.277 Tflops. Either way shows promise for 1080p at 30-60 fps even on new shiny engines without a quality drop as most would typically expect.

Patiently waiting for E3 2013 for the official word.

Can't believe PS4 gonna be X86/X64 based rather than RISC CPUs PS3 and Xbox 360 used, then what will be the difference between a PS4 and a powerful game PC?

you can upgrade a pc every 2 months if you want. lol

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News