Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Rumor: PC Code Reveals Mass Effect 2 May Come to the PS3

Sponsored Links
    According to [Register or Login to view links], some PS3 code found in the PC version of Mass Effect 2 reveals that the title may come to the PlayStation 3 entertainment system.

Mass Effect going multi-platform is one of those things that have been speculated about constantly since Electronic Arts bought BioWare back in 2007.

To quote: "EA is not known for having console exclusives and prefers to put its titles on every console in existence.

However, BioWare had an exclusivity with Microsoft for the original Mass Effect to appear only on the Xbox 360 and PC and it is presumed that the exclusivity deal extends to the game's sequels as well.

Meanwhile, Electronics Arts is skillfully deploying "No comment" lines when [Register or Login to view links] asked about the possibility of Mass Effect 2 appearing on the PlayStation 3. Check out the code that Kikoo claims to have found for yourself below."

[SFXGame.BioSFHandler_CharacterR? Ecord2]
    m_nMaxRenegade=1900 m_nMaxRenegade = 1900
    m_nMaxParagon=1957 m_nMaxParagon = 1957
    m_srXPFormat=340881 m_srXPFormat = 340,881
    m_srSpendTalentPointsMessageXBox?=348754 m_srSpendTalentPointsMessageXBox? = 348,754
    m_srParagonRenegadeMessageXBox=3?48755 m_srParagonRenegadeMessageXBox = 3? 48,755
    m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePC=3?48753 m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePC = 3? 48,753
    m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePC=348?755 m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePC = 348? 755
    m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePS3=?348755 m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePS3 =? 348,755
    m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePS3=15?3007 m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePS3 = 15? 3007

Rumor: PC Code Reveals Mass Effect 2 May Come to the PS3

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It might just be from part of the enigine. I think I remember seeing something like that on another game but i could be wrong, my mind has been messing with me lately.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think the game was Bioshock, which in the end was released for PS3.

Maybe their middleware tools for cross platform??

i own it on my 360 but to have on my ps3 i would love it!!

i think its just some leftovers somewhere... maybe even not done by BioWare itself...

i also noticed some months ago that Borderlands.exe still had Code/Infos about XboxLive... but instead it uses something else for Multiplayer (on pc at least).

Its easier for programmer to code stuff for the 3 platforms and then just select whatever library/part of code they need. Doing this ensures they wont write again that piece of code that they know works.

Its code that can be copy pasted into another game and they just know it works for the pc, 360 and ps3 because it has been extensively tested. We do this kind of stuff on your web systems we leave behind a lot of code and then come back and copy paste and reuse it commenting only what we dont need and using what we were after.

Arrow

I think I read that this has to do with the multiplatform engine (Unreal engine). Even Gears of War has the same code in it.

I have wanted to play Mass Effect for forever, but I haven't the capabilities to run it (I only have a ps3 or a low-end laptop). It would be amazing if they brought this series to ps3, but I'm not so sure if it would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    Its easier for programmer to code stuff for the 3 platforms and then just select whatever library/part of code they need. Doing this ensures they wont write again that piece of code that they know works.

Its code that can be copy pasted into another game and they just know it works for the pc, 360 and ps3 because it has been extensively tested. We do this kind of stuff on your web systems we leave behind a lot of code and then come back and copy paste and reuse it commenting only what we dont need and using what we were after.
    That's the correct answser. When a developer starts to begin with his game then their's (most of the time) an idea for the game, not what platform. (Oke, only when he has to chose between PS3 XBOX360 and PC. When its WII or something like that then thats known from from the begining. And excluded exclusives)

So when the company starts to develop they code everthing for the 3 platform. When the decision is made, they aro going the refine only the parts that they really need. This (most of the time) only applies to the Unreal Engine.

Tried this game on a friend and I did't like it much. However, when I rent it for the PC sometime later, I loved it. It would be so nice to have a (good of course) PS3 port!

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News