Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: New PS3 Design Leaked by LevelUp, or Just a Knockoff?

Sponsored Links
    This is being filed as a rumor for the moment, if anyone can read Chinese and do a translation of what exactly these pictures are supposed to be of feel free to comment below.

Could they be of a cost-cutting new PS3 Slim redesign (with a new PS3 font to boot) leaked by Chinese BBS LevelUp, or just pics of a knockoff PS3 clone?

We do know Sony just recently stated there were no plans for a PS3 Slim console version anytime soon.

More details to come as they are available... and more pics are available HERE or linked above!

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

20090514_a8bc42bffae8d2e1a692rQqrNQonoRCQ.jpg   20090514_2d7aa01dcb08dcb140a2ete8qPCC2WCt.jpg   20090514_9654d2ef3f23eda5013co0ciWw0qu2QE.jpg   20090514_11cf1d6e93960ce8af695XIg5uL5ip0H.jpg   20090514_cac687f1e2809b0a2a9f2E2MJAMQm5xa.jpg   20090514_e6be55525bc487b789c3HZpA4IWwjvst.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Looks like a REALLY cheap knock off!

Bet it has a PS2 and hard-drive installed inside!

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    I agree.. however, even larger sites like Kotaku are not sure at the moment themselves.

[Register or Login to view links]

Today, pictures of what appears to be a redesigned PS3 have appeared on Chinese message boards. The picture seem to come from a manufacturing plant.

As seen with the slimmer PlayStation consoles Sony has released in the past, a PS3 Slim does seem inevitable. But is it inevitable right now? If so, is this the machine? This is all exceedingly heavy on the rumor and speculation, so we're not 100 percent convinced. Then again, we first saw the PSP-3000 through dodgy pics.

What does look convincing is that box. If there's anything to pin your hopes and dreams on, it's that piece of cardboard.

If this is really the new PS3 design, all I can say is that it's horrible!

Sony wouldnt make a cheap remake like this

It doesnt even look shiny !

I'm stating it fake

Quote Originally Posted by zomgheals View Post
    It doesnt even look shiny !

I'm stating it fake
    To speculate a minute... Sony (and their developers) know the PS3 isn't hacked, meaning people actually BUY PS3 games and they need to lower the price of the console to sell more of them.

That being said, maybe they gave up the more elegant "shiny" design for one they can offer people for $100 less? Or maybe it's just a clone..

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    To speculate a minute... Sony (and their developers) know the PS3 isn't hacked, meaning people actually BUY PS3 games and they need to lower the price of the console to sell more of them.

That being said, maybe they gave up the more elegant "shiny" design for one they can offer people for $100 less? Or maybe it's just a clone..
    This is sony we're talking about, not microsoft

Looks horrible to me now, if this is the next design, then Im happy to have the old one

But lets not make conclusions now. Ill wait how it looks in final.

ok...

Maybe I'm alone with my opinion. But I think this is real. And you know: I don't say this very often.

The console is not shiny because what is shown in the pictures is just a dummy. So this is still work in progress. The product itself may vary from what you've seen now. However all of this really looks authentic. Like a manufacturing plant of Sony.

Even if we shouldn't hear about this for some time, consider it real. It will just take some time until they finished testing/constructing.

Banned User

No! No More! Please!

HORRIBLE... I would not put that ugly blob near my FULLHD LCD ever! it looks like a ATARI!
    GOD PLEASE DON'T!! What have I done to deserve this!?!?!

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News