Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Rumor: Netflix is Heading to Sony's PS3 Console Soon

Sponsored Links
    Update: The rumor is now officially [Register or Login to view links] by NetFlix.

We already know of Netflix's plans to stream to Sony Bravia TV Sets, and in the past both a survey and CNET have hinted that Netflix may be coming to Sony's PlayStation 3 console.

Today, according to the [Register or Login to view links], Netflix stocks are riding high after management announced they'll soon be extending their "watch instantly" Internet streaming service to a new "device."

Just what is this device? Netflix isn't telling - not yet, anyway. As of now, they've only hinted that it's "already owned by a large number of consumers." This, of course, has revivified speculation that the service will soon become available for the PlayStation 3 or Wii.

In fact, analysts are already betting the device they're referring to will either be the PS3 or Wii. To be sure, it's hard to think of any other devices the service could easily be extended to that are already owned by a large number of consumers.

And it'd almost certainly be good business for Netflix, as they credit their move to the Xbox 360 for spurring the influx of 2.4 million new subscribers since fall of 2008.

No indication was given for when Netflix plans to formally announce this mystery device, so it's wait and see for now. Keep your fingers crossed, PS3 and Wii owners.

Rumor: Netflix is Heading to Sony's PS3 Console Soon

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up o yes!

Sponsored Links
    Great, now i dont have to walk to the video store to rent!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is one feature we really don't need. Besides netflix instant has really bad titles available to begin with especially for movies.

I hate when people say this "Isn't good". Because quite honestly it is. Netflix is a subscription which is better then paying 2.99 for each rental you want. I personally would use it all the time, what I want to see though is that gamefly or w/e where you can stream classic games over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CyanCaze View Post
    I hate when people say this "Isn't good". Because quite honestly it is. Netflix is a subscription which is better then paying 2.99 for each rental you want. I personally would use it all the time, what I want to see though is that gamefly or w/e where you can stream classic games over the internet.
    I concur, it is easier to pay a monthly or yearly subscription then having to spend far more money on single rentals. I think Netflix is just trying to bring there content and pricing to more people on different consoles/electronics devices

If gamefly does actually make a deal with sony then i think that would be a great thing. But then again wouldn't it be the same thing if sony just released more games on the psn?

Confirmed!

Confirmed! Source: [Register or Login to view links]

Coming Soon: Netflix Members Can Instantly Watch Movies and TV Episodes Streamed to TVs Via the PlayStationŽ3 Computer Entertainment System

With Movies Streamed Instantly from Netflix, Blu-ray/DVD Playback and Downloadable Videos via the PlayStationŽNetwork, the PlayStation 3 System Offers The Industry's Most Comprehensive Options for Watching Movies and TV Shows.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tcd View Post
    Confirmed! Source: [Register or Login to view links]
    +Rep tcd, and I have added it to the Site News as well.

I'm closing this thread as the new discussion thread is here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...-a-108449.html

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News