Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Rumor: Killzone 3 for PlayStation 3 is in Development

Sponsored Links
    According to Dutch site PS3Hype, there was a small gaming event in Amsterdam, where they met with game studio developers in the Netherlands.

During this event, one of the developers from Guerrilla Games (Killzone 2) mentioned Killzone 3.

Then the [Register or Login to view links] (link now dead) asked someone close to Guerrilla Games about the co-op patch for Killzone 2 and this is what he said, to quote:

"They [Guerrilla Games] are really kicking themselves because of that. They have a handful of developers working on updates, and patches for Killzone 2, but I doubt weŽll see co-op patch.

The problem is the seamless loading. Cross console synching seems to be an issue - but from what I gather the key developers of Killzone 2 are working on a new project."

They asked him if he was referring to Killzone 3, and he said:

"Ahh, well - I canŽt say for sure, but it seems very likely. They have a team working on writing up algorithms, and modifying the Killzone 2 engine, and a select few working on a story. It hasn't been confirmed but for now, we suspect that Guerrilla Games is indeed working on Killzone 3."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    Aw shucks. I would really love to have co-op in Killzone!

After the ending of Killzone 2 it's obvious there will be another sequel. Can't wait for it!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Co-op would be total perfection, if the game isn't the nearest game to perfection i've seen to date and the patches just keep inching it towards the forever winner world title.

With the existing 4-people squad, this should be a must! Like in Left 4 Dead, you got 4 people squads as well, and look how great the game has been doing. Of course, the pitiful graphics of L4D is very far from the crisp high quality of KZ2, but the point is that co-op makes things work and everyone loves it! and the game would definitely be much 'bigger' if it's incorporated.

I'm quite disappointed that the developers haven't planned for co-op in KZ2 so apparently they already talked it over and it can't be added via a patch, so our best bet is that it's going to be added to KZ3... i would expect at least another 2-3 years before it's released though. I hope my leaderboard stats transfers over to KZ3. But i don't think it will, so i'm just going to get my commander in chief rank and then play just to show off my badge, while waiting for KZ3
    Last edited by sharks; 06-23-2009 at 03:15 AM

Co-op would be tough for them to implement locally and online i guess. Locally would put pressure on the system (tho 2 playstation 3s on a lan should be easier) and online they are saying there would be a problem syncing the games.

Everyone with sense says the game is great yet it isnt selling much. I hate gamers sometimes, they are going to go and buy out the new halo odst even before its out but cant handle a better game

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News