Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by victorinox View Post
    i think the thing people keep forgetting is, how good this system actually is, what will it mean, how many of them will work, etc =P

i mean if its near 100% thats good, if its around 30 or so, a tad lack luster
    I think the article about the patent said the new method was aiming and could deliver 100% backwards compatibility, fingers crossed it works and they release it soon!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I really hope that it's true... I still have some great PS2 classics which haven't been played in a looooong while *goes digging in dusty closets*
    Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    It better be to load ps2 discs, and it better be hackable to load burnt ps2 discs... or else!
    I find your reaction that they have to be hackable a bit exagerated... you can buy PS2 games very cheap, and if rumor will prove itself true, sony will most likely put it's top titles on PSN for download at reasonable price.

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    i dont get it! but how to play ps2 games on ps3 without emotion engine? does that software work without emotion engine if its true.. i say Halaloia

i own new ps3 80 gb 0 backwards but for that news xD

Quote Originally Posted by lostrophet View Post
    I really hope that it's true... I still have some great PS2 classics which haven't been played in a looooong while *goes digging in dusty closets*

I find your reaction that they have to be hackable a bit exagerated... you can buy PS2 games very cheap, and if rumor will prove itself true, sony will most likely put it's top titles on PSN for download at reasonable price.
    I can't

This will be just more business for sony. I dont see many people opting for ps2 games for purchase on a ps3 instead of some of the cheaper ps3 games but there are the old great ps2 games that some may want to play.

Since this site is mainly about doing things a console isnt mainly intended for i am hoping this introduces some method of hacking the ps3 and yes i hope it can play ps2 backups.

Apparently the emotion engine was already emulated in some systems but the graphics synthesizer is the missing hardware.
    Last edited by semitope; 07-02-2009 at 11:11 AM

"get inside of me" ROFL

I sure wish they don't take their sweet time releasing this. When the Ps3 was announced and they mentioned backwards compatibility, everybody was excited to get it for the sole reason that they get to enjoy their prized ps2 games and i mean a whole lot. Sad thing was not all got to utilize this because of other factors like region compatibility and such. Hope that gets changed when they release this. Imagine having to classic ps2 games on your next gen console. If they really want to catch up to Wii IMO.

Regardless if this would either be downloaded thru PStore or thru discs it doesn't matter everybody just wants this badly.

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    It better be to load ps2 discs, and it better be hackable to load burnt ps2 discs... or else!
    my ps3 load ps2 games and is no hack and can extra info for the disc..

I thought the software emulated PS3's already do it without the Emotion Engine? The thing that the non-BC PS3's are missing is the graphics synthesizer.

I guess that is why I am kinda confused since the EE is not even necessary atm.

I really hope this is a possibility. i mean, my ps3 can already play a lot of ps1 games, but i hope that they include ps2 games in the update. i really wouldn't mind playing them on my regular ps2, but it broke down not too long ago and i thought about selling my ps2 games, i had over 30 of them. hopefully this rumor becomes a fact.

I hope this works just so I can play FF XII. My ps2 was busted by the time it came out, and I only recently got a ps3 so no BC for me.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News