Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Rumor: EB Leaks PlayStation 3 Price Drop Date of March 22, 2009

Sponsored Links
    Rumor has it the PS3 is set for a price drop on March 22nd, at least according to an EB employee who reportedly let this one slip.

To quote: Last night one of community members was in an EB Games store and an employee mentioned a PS3 price drop occurring Sunday March 22nd just in advance of the Game Developer's Conference (GDC).

He went on to say that Sony will be issuing a press release on the Saturday before the drop and that EB was already prepared for the upcoming price-drop.

The current "rumor" is that the PlayStation 3 80GB console will retail for USD $300. That would be a $99 price reduction in the console, bringing it closer to reach for many gamers. However, be prepared for Sony to refuse to comment or straight out say this is untrue, it wouldn't be the first time they've pulled that stunt.

It's in Sony's best interest to hide the price drop from gamers because we'll halt purchasing of the PS3 until The Price drop occurs.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Though I think the PS3 is well worth the price, I think this would be a really smart move by Sony. In this slipping economy it would be wise to drop the price down to to the level of the competitors. Since Sony has some really good games out right now, and even more coming out in the future, I think they will quickly see a raise in the install base.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well they are still sleazy fracktards in my book..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok this sucks.. i just got my ps3 on sunday 15, if this is true they are going to see my face there asking for a refund of those 99$

I've read soo much about how "the developement and hardware on the PS3 have low costs", why didn't they just start low? It just seems like they started it out soo high because everyone wanted it, so there's a lot more money for our company.

Remember a certain quote from some infamous snobby retard, "People will get a second job to buy the PS3"? Goes to show these fraktards got way over their head and think we dumb brats who want their stuff like babies want milk.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    ok this sucks.. i just got my ps3 on sunday 15, if this is true they are going to see my face there asking for a refund of those 99$
    Most companies have a policy that if the price changes within a certain amount of days after your purchase then they will pay you the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandhole272
    I've read soo much about how "the developement and hardware on the PS3 have low costs", why didn't they just start low? It just seems like they started it out soo high because everyone wanted it, so there's a lot more money for our company.
    Obviously you didn't read the fact that when the console launched they were actually losing money on the hardware at the price point they had it at. As the console gets older the price of the manufacturing will go down, and when the company is able to do so, they will pass it on to the consumer in the form of a price drop.

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaka
    Remember a certain quote from some infamous snobby retard, "People will get a second job to buy the PS3"? Goes to show these fraktards got way over their head and think we dumb brats who want their stuff like babies want milk.
    Troll...? Seriously was a waste of a post.
    Last edited by sekemc; 03-17-2009 at 10:44 PM

i just bought a USED ps3 from eb games for 400 bucks (40 gig with metal gear solid 4)

do you think i would be able to return it if they dropped prices (maybe return it for store credit and atleast be able to get a 80 gig with maybe a game)

this makes me mad

please tell me this is true.. I want to buy one ps3 but the price is to high. I would buy it for sure if the price drop 99€ Hope on 22nd march to hear good news!

I hope it's true.. Time to buy a new PS3 for more family fun!

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News