Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Rumor: Crime Lords Running Empires from Jail via PlayStations?

Sponsored Links
    A row has reportedly erupted between the Prison Service and the agency fighting organised crime as it is believed that jailed crime lords are using PlayStations to give out orders in the real world.

Apparently, they are using the interactivity of the system to continue their underworld business activities.

To quote: "There is other technology used - people are using PlayStations to charge their mobile phones and are playing games interactively with others, so are able to communicate with them.

"The Prison Service is concerned that prisoners are using interactive games to talk to people outside the prison. Communication is the name of the game and criminals are looking to exploit new technologies.

Prisoners have rights and they have access to the Internet. Some new prison guards are also being used without knowing it, but they soon become streetwise."

The remarks provoked a furious response from the Prison Service which issued a statement in which it sought to demolish them.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can't people see how messed up this world is. 'Prisoners have rights' why should they? They lost the rights when they committed their crime. I don't think they should be allowed consoles why have fun for if they have killed someone? Blooming joke this world.

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by wormie123 View Post
    Can't people see how messed up this world is. 'Prisoners have rights' why should they? They lost the rights when they committed their crime. I don't think they should be allowed consoles why have fun for if they have killed someone? Blooming joke this world.
    Yeah, I see your point.

I mean why do we need to respect the Prisoners' rights when they are technically called 'Prisoners' because they failed to respect other people's rights?

Ohh maybe people who can't afford a PS3 should commit a crime so they can get a free one.

Also doesn't this sicken you? I mean you are pretty much buying these Prisoners a PS3 with your hard earned tax money.

I Agree with both the above comments, I think the entire prison system should be removed altogether quick and simple put a bullet in their heads, or if thats too drastic dump them all on a deserted island and let them behave like the animals they are.

If they have access to the internet of course they can contact people, that's just common sense, and if they use a playstation or anything else that connects to the internet wouldn't really matter.

Prisoners deserve as much rights as any normal citizen does.

The internet access is a privilege and could be taken away at any point.

What about the non-violent criminals? Hmm? There are plenty in prison, in fact over 30% of all prisoners are incarcerated for non-violent crimes. People who may have mistaken their taxes (intentionally or not), or people who were simply caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post
    Prisoners deserve as much rights as any normal citizen does.

The internet access is a privilege and could be taken away at any point.

What about the non-violent criminals? Hmm? There are plenty in prison, in fact over 30% of all prisoners are incarcerated for non-violent crimes. People who may have mistaken their taxes (intentionally or not), or people who were simply caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    We live in a society that revolves around the system of Law & Punishment if you fail to abide by the laws, if you've done something wrong and its a minor offence you'll get a fine not a prision term, but if your stupid enough to do it again and again then you deserve to be in prision. I believe that you have a right to a fair trial and if the verdict is handed down as guilty then you wave all rights.

Also about Non-violent criminals, their still criminals and they where deemed to be guilty in a fair court. Short and simple people don't break any major laws and you won't end up in prision. Oh and BTW you can't be incarcerated for a minor Tax mistake, you can be incarcerated for straight up Tax fraud in which case you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by slammy View Post
    If they have access to the internet of course they can contact people, that's just common sense, and if they use a playstation or anything else that connects to the internet wouldn't really matter.
    No thats not entirely true they will have access to the internet but the access will be restriceted by a proxy & filter or it will be monitored by security personnel, removing the ability to contact other people.
    Last edited by D3M0N2009; 05-15-2009 at 07:46 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News