Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: Best Buy Listing Indicates PS3 to Go 3D in July 2010

Sponsored Links
    Last week reports surfaced that the upcoming PS3 3D Firmware update would arrive in June, and today retailer Best Buy has let slip the date of July.

Sony has previously confirmed that a simple PS3 Firmware update is all that is required to make the PlayStation 3 system compatible with 3D gaming.

Unfortunately, no specific timeframe was ever given for the anticipated patch until today.

To quote: "On a 3D FAQ page, Best Buy has given the first solid timeframe for the PS3 3D patch.

Clicking on the first tab of [Register or Login to view links] will reveal the following tidbit:

To watch 3D Blu-ray Discs, you'll need to add a 3D-ready Blu-ray player (or update your PS3 with the appropriate firmware when it becomes available in July).

Yup, that's right. Best Buy seems to have let the cat slip a bit early; either mistakenly or intentionally."

Rumor: Best Buy Listing Indicates PS3 to Go 3D in July 2010

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    interesting.. July for the next firmware update.. it is actually believe-able

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I heard rumors of this firmware being released in August, but really is up to the strategy Sony decides. The firmware for 3D is already done and working (they are using it in every expo since CES at Vegas). Probably still needs some extra beta tests, but if it works it works.

What I'm really wondering is if the games are special 3D games or just regular games that can "simulate" 3D. On CES they used Killzone 2 and Motorstom... I heard the Avatar game comes with 3D, is this for regular glasess or is a feature just waiting for the new tvs and firmware release?

BTW each brand is having their own 3D technology (from what I read) so there is no point on buying a Panasonic 3D TV for a PS3, you must go with Sony TVs.

July or August is definately too late! They really should make some use out of Soccer world championships!

Because that one's going to be the major advertisment for 3D!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
    July or August is definately too late! They really should make some use out of Soccer world championships!

Because that one's going to be the major advertisment for 3D!
    the ps3 3d update is not for tv content. it is for games and blu-ray movies to be in 3d. 3d tvs are already available if you really want to see soccer in 3d. just check to see if the soccer content is available in 3d from your tv content provider.

Yep

I read an article in PC World last month indicating that the PS3 would be the first Blu-Ray player supporting 3d. And, the televisions will arrive this summer, although I think the whole 3d concept will flop. Who wants to put on giant glasses in their living room?

Uhhmmm.... do you know how the new 3D tech work for?

The new 3D tech works much better then the old one and will fill out the place between you and your TV.

Beside that have scientist from my country (AUSTRIA) developed the World first 3D LCD panel with lenses (and the special software for it) they measure the distance and position of you and send you the left picture and right picture directly to your face and for that we dont need this 3d glasses and also have the same 3D effect.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 03-28-2010 at 06:11 AM

i have an lg lh5000 42inch full hd at 200hz and 2ms responde time,i do not think to buy the new 3d tvs!!!!i will only buy the glasses and im sure i will be happy!!!

Do you have recognized that ONLY the glasses will not do the job?

You need a 3D TV there for you can use the glasses.Without 3D TV it does not work !!!

You need first = 3D TV

Second = 3D Glasses

Thirdly = One BD 3D Player or your PS3 with the new 3D FW

This is the way it works. Not the glasses produce or display the 3D picture on the screen.This does the TV. The glasses only displaying a black screen per Eye and jump from right to left. Our brain then will produce the 3D picture. Understood?

Not to mention the fact that not all 3D tv's are the same - depending on the 3d pattern they support, you may still need a converter box - which, might not even be available - ever. Not to mention, the source might not (ie, the PS3, or say a DirecTV box) actually be HD since it's current specs can't support it, so its a half-assed 3d support - close to HD, but not quite

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News