Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rumor: Assassin's Creed 2 Details Uncovered for PlayStation 3

A JoyStiq (linked above) tipster claims to have been shown very early footage of the next Assassin's Creed. It apparently looked similar to the first game, though set around the 15th century - a few hundred years later.

After the footage played, there was a Q&A session where it was revealed the story would incorporate a family feud and disguises would play a part in the game.

To quote: The focus testers were asked to decide on their favorite of three character designs. Each image had different colored costumes and varying numbers of pouches or bags for the main character, though the overall design was the same: Similar to Altair's, but more colorful and fitting for the time period. Under each image was the word "ezio," an Italian name derived from the word for "eagle." Fitting, for the series.

Our tipster also told us that he saw the protagonist swimming during the video - something we've heard that Altair might've learnt since the first game - and that he can "use gunpowder to propel items at people."

The people conducting the focus test indicated that we might be seeing more of the game at E3 and that it will be in our hands late this year or early next. Of course, we've no way of confirming whether any of this is true, but it all sounds fairly plausable.

More PlayStation 3 News...

nice..

better not be a total let down like the first. only thing good about assassins creed was the graphics and climbing. other than that its find you're target, kill him, run away. over and over and over... terrible.

I hope this doesn't get spoken of loads like the first one. Because I played the first on my friends Xbox 360 and omg it was terrible.

It had good graphics yeah, but the gameplay amagad was just pure crap, soon as I realised you had to repeat the same boring crap multiple times in 3 areas of 3 cities I turned it off XD.

The first Assasin's Creed was an epic fail I bet this one will be too.

i heard part 1 was decent... except short.... any1 else think it was an ok game like to rent?

Id love to see another creed game, the 1st was soo good

Another Assassins Creed game would be great. The only problem I had with the first one was that it got really really repetitive. Hopefully that will change this time.

I can't wait for Assassin's Creed 2. I want to know what happened to the main character and what the "six guys" are looking for.

To be honest, I'm surprised they're making a sequel. The tech behind the first game was good, but the game design was very poor and repetitive. With all of the average reviews and bad word of mouth, they would probably have been better off taking the tech and making an attempt at a new game franchise.

At least the fans of the original will get a sequel, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jobuabobo View Post
    To be honest, I'm surprised they're making a sequel. The tech behind the first game was good, but the game design was very poor and repetitive. With all of the average reviews and bad word of mouth, they would probably have been better off taking the tech and making an attempt at a new game franchise.

At least the fans of the original will get a sequel, though.
    They could do that, but look what Guerilla Games has done. They turned a low scoring game into a FPS that can stand on its on legs when compared to other major FPS out there. i'm sure the sequel to Assassin's Creed will *hopefully* improve on the areas where the first lacked.

I think it will be very poor and repetitive...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast