Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: Alleged PS3 Slim $299 Best Buy and K-Mart Ads Surface

Sponsored Links
    This is apparently attack of the alleged PS3 Slim ads day... two retailers from two different sources claim they snagged pics of the upcoming ads.

Gizmodo (linked above) reports that they received photos of a 120GB PS3 Slim listed for $299.99 in a K-Mart flyer.

The story on the second set of pics supposedly from a Best Buy ad comes from [Register or Login to view links] who are reporting the following from their source, to quote:

"I cannot reveal my exact role, however, I can tell you that I work closely with the marketing department at Best Buy. This ad is a mock up at best of the ad to be released in just over two weeks.

I cannot comment on the [Register or Login to view links] PS3 mock up as this is the material that we're working with. Many images are often used as placeholders. The final ad will be touched up for grammar, punctuation, etc. Hope this helps."

That being said, the general consensus thus far is they are fakes... all we can do is wait until next week to see if the PS3 Slim makes an appearance at GamesCom. If it does, then perhaps there may be some truth in them after all.

Rumor: Alleged PS3 Slim $299 Best Buy and K-Mart Ads Surface

More PlayStation 3 News...

Registered User jasonscottclack's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up its true

Sponsored Links
    i went and saw it was on sale for that price..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Meh - it could have at least been more believable , a 160gb hdd + built in B/C? come on - not at that price! I'm sure that is what everyone would love, but realistically - is not going to happen like that.

At least have put some effort into it, some more realistic info!
    Last edited by CJPC; 08-13-2009 at 08:19 AM

They forgot the TM or copyright sign in the last PLAYSTATION in the text. So do you think this can be real? Also I don't think the PS3-logo will be black as well...

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Meh - it could have at least been more believable , a 160gb hdd + built in B/C? come on - not at that price! I'm sure that is what everyone would love, but realistically - is not going to happen like that.

At least have put some effort into it, some more realistic info!
    Eric - Switched from Apache to IIS, yee haw says (7:41 PM):
    *Nice, bet it'll be cheaper too
    Fleet Admiral Victorinox says (7:41 PM):
    *psh come on
    *theres NO WAY
    *thats legit =P
    Eric - Switched from Apache to IIS, yee haw says (7:42 PM):
    *We'll see when sony makes their big announcement I guess
    Fleet Admiral Victorinox says (7:42 PM):
    *its backwards compatible
    *media slots
    *and 4 usb...
    *for less money, i dont believe that for a second
    Eric - Switched from Apache to IIS, yee haw says (7:43 PM):
    *Well the PS3 already costs about 60% less to manufacture since it's release
    *Wouldn't surprise me
    people will believe anything...

Not really sure 160GB and B/C are reasons for the price to not be believable. Consider now that the elite 360 is 299 with 120GB of overpriced HDD space and you gotta wonder also if M$ caught wind and reduced their price to match. Makes sense because an elite at the regular price would be no match for a slim ps3 at this price point.

Maybe it's just because I have a ps3 already (original), but is anyone else not the least bit excited for the ps3 slim? I mean yea it'll be 'smaller' or whatever but it will probably have less features. I'm not going out to buy another one of these machines just because it's smaller. I don't know it doesn't seem worth 10 news posts a day about rumors of it's existence...

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    I don't know it doesn't seem worth 10 news posts a day about rumors of it's existence...
    I agree, however, keep in mind this Web site (like most these days) is also a business. We have to monitor trends, and that means if larger game sites like Kotaku, N4G, etc are giving the PS3 Slim "10 posts of attention" each day then we need to also in order to maintain rank with keywords and SERPS.

I've said this before but to reiterate: when the PS3 is hacked and there is lots of news on homebrew, loaders, custom FW's, etc then of course our focus will drift from mainstream news and shift to that specific niche, however, it's going on 3 years (November 17, 2009) and none of the above has happened... so to survive it means "10 posts on the slim a day" as that is what's most talked about on the rest of the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Maybe it's just because I have a ps3 already (original), but is anyone else not the least bit excited for the ps3 slim? I mean yea it'll be 'smaller' or whatever but it will probably have less features. I'm not going out to buy another one of these machines just because it's smaller. I don't know it doesn't seem worth 10 news posts a day about rumors of it's existence...
    I do not understand what your problem with the slim news is.. personally I like hearing about it (I have an original as well), and the site is about !ps3 news!. I think the more news going on the better. It's great to have a centric location for information!

10 posts a day is an exaggeration as well, as it's only about 2 posts. =-O

Anyone else notice the 9.99 games under the ps3 slim ad? I hope that parts true at least cause I would be more than willing to pick up a copy of LBP for dirt cheap.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News