Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Rockstar working around the clock to fix GTA IV freezing issues

Sponsored Links
    A Rockstar customer service representative has issued the following statement regarding the freezing issues PS3 owners of GTA IV have experienced:

"A patch is being worked on around the clock to address the issues. It's bound to be. That's how they address this sort of thing. It is being worked on. We're looking into it. You will hear from us if a patch is released. A patch is usually the way it's been done."

The rep also said that they have not been told what is causing the game to freeze and that they are "devoid of information at the moment".

To quote: We were also given some tips on how to combat the freezing experienced on the PS3 version of the game, including:

Completely remove the game from the system but leave saves behind.

Turn the console off for 15 minutes without any cables plugged in, then turn it on and try again.

Play without access to the Internet.

Turn off the auto save function and the controller vibration setting.

Rockstar working around the clock to fix GTA IV freezing issues

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ive done everything and it still freezes... Here is my Myspace video of it...

[Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by jhfit; 05-03-2008 at 02:24 AM Reason: Link short cut not working...

Sponsored Links

unplayable...

Sponsored Links
    WHY oh WHY would i buy this game?? i gave up and got the 360 version instead... when the bugs get ironed out ill trade in for the ps3 version... a waste of money i do say.

Been trying to install for 3 days now nothing works

ps3 60gb USA
    (god damn u rockstar)

Many people said it is only when you have the 60gb version but in many boards there is said something else.

In any case: I think Rockstar will fix it they want that the gamers buy the game and they should be happy with it. The fix will come i believe that!

The bug occured to me today. PS3 40gig Version.

It started normally and loaded the pictures at the start, but when the screen gets black and your savegame is loaded, nothing happens anymore. Tried several times, only way to get back is to switch the console off.

Then i tried the game without internet connection and it worked fine again. I tried to switch the WLAN Access Point on during playing, immediately after i did this, the game freezed.

Now i tried to remember what i did before, because the game was running fine the first day. And i remembered, that i had saved the game once manually.

Then i deleted the savegame i made and the only savegame left was the autosave game. I fired up GTA with the autosave game only and it works even WITH Internet Connection. So the Problem seems to be related to the Internet Connection, but also has something to do with the savegames.

I just got this bug now too. On my 60 GB the game started normally but then it freezed. I delete the Savegames and tried to start, but nothing works. I hope Rockstar will fix it asap.

If not, i wasted my money.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News