Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by B4rtj4h View Post
    Strange that there is NO original update available jet
    there is a update for this game for EU region not for US but who cares if we can use EU update on US just change in PARAM us region to eu and install eu patch game work fine...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sucks big time when your PS3 is not JB't

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I knew something was up, after the 3.61 patch my PS3 has been pretty much been (rarely, randomly) freezing when i play Dragon Age II (by freezing i mean that sometimes the ps3 stops reading the game and when you go to change areas and stuff the game just sits in the loading screen [note: loading screen animation still works] and then i have to press the power button for the ps3 to just autoreboot due to it having crashed...)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    More of this news again? Seriously? Isn't the answer obvious to everyone? Any modern game to pushes the console to a literal constant 100% GPU/CPU usage and that obviously equals maximum heat. PS3s come with the cheapest excuse for thermal paste possible which dries out rapidly and the heatsink isn't even connected properly in many cases.

My 40GB generation PS3's heatsink was barely connected. I suspected something was funky when it froze the first time I ran a game with a graphically intensive scene (Heavenly Sword) and froze. I opened it up to discover what an unacceptably ridiculous job was done and how shoddy the parts were.

The only thing that I could do to make the heatsink really make proper contact to was bend metal strips (whatever they're called) that holds the heatsink so when they're screwed in they apply more force. Despite what Microsoft and Sony would have you believe consoles have been completely and hopelessly maxed out for a long, long time now so move on people, nothing to see here.

1- I always run video cards at 100% usage constantly for hours on end, don't mistake cheaply made hardware using inferior parts for what an electronic device should be able to do. There's a reason why video card manufacturers do offer lifetime warranty: They're not Sony or Microsoft.

If you're going to ask how do I know when it's at 100%, any program can monitor the GPU usage, I use MSI Afterburner. Back in the mesozoic era when I had a dual core processor that was also at a constant 100% on both cores.

2- If you want to know the quality of the PS3 parts, open it up and look for yourself, you won't be happy.

3- Companies tend to set the fan speed to as high as they can without being loud, if Sony could have increased the fan speed without it becoming noticeably more audible they might have done so. It's not like the PS3 is silent as it is.
    1. your video cards are not running at 100% on a continuous duty cycle. if they were, that would mean that you are playing graphically intensive games 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. by stopping the game or turning off the computer you are making the duty cycle much less than 100%. my original comment was based on the fact that almost no game for the ps3 makes it run at 100% during the entire play session of the game. the ps3 may be "maxed out" during the game play, however unless the programmers are very bad the cell b.e. would not be taxed throughout the entire game or cause any problems.

2. my second point was about the sources regarding the development and testing of the ps3 long before it was released to the public. just because sony sourced inferior parts does not mean that the design and testing were inadequate. unless someone is inside sony, we will never know the hardware used for their testing and development of the ps3. we do know the finalized parts, as that is what was released. the ps3, like many devices, went through numerous revisions before a final parts list was approved.

hardware is only 50% of the issue when it comes to video game systems. how the programmers structure and order their code is the other 50%. it is possible to make very fast computers slow to a crawl with simple arithmetic by de-allocating pointers without releasing the memory back to the system among other errors. and you can make most any computer system crash by trying to read or write to memory that is outside of the current array or vector. therefore when it comes to video games not running or playing the way they should, my first suspicion is bad/lazy/inadequate programming. as without any programming, every computer would be a paperweight.

ok most of these arguments are irrelevant, LA Noire didn't cause any overheating issues it just crashed. Fat PS3's all suffer from the YLOD problem sooner or later, either that or the owners of the 100 or so i've fixed in the last 12 months must all be doing something wrong, same with the original 360's and the RROD problem, either way it's sorted now.

Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    1. your video cards are not running at 100% on a continuous duty cycle. if they were, that would mean that you are playing graphically intensive games 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. by stopping the game or turning off the computer you are making the duty cycle much less than 100%.
    Your original statement implied the PS3's are dying due to too much consistent load (as in hours at a time) and that nothing could handle that load, so I pointed out standard hardware does... so what you write here is nonsense. It's as if you're not communicating in the same language I am or just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.
    Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    my original comment was based on the fact that almost no game for the ps3 makes it run at 100% during the entire play session of the game. the ps3 may be "maxed out" during the game play, however unless the programmers are very bad the cell b.e. would not be taxed throughout the entire game or cause any problems.
    I have no way of confirming if at any point during a game the load would drop but that would usually happen during a movie/cutscene and the load would be lower before the gameplay starts... that just makes the PS3 seem even worse.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 05-21-2011 at 01:39 AM

i can't believe that mortal combat is banned and this is ok in Australia... LOL
    Last edited by elser1; 05-22-2011 at 06:11 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's a sad truth that glorified violence and gore is easier to explain or brush off. I agree that this is in no way a kids game, my friend almost rented it for his kid today, i lol'd then.

They can't ban L.A. Noire here in Australia even though it should be R 18+. It's a really popular game and they would loose lots of $$$

I can just imagine my kid asking such things - ROFL

australia needs a 18+ r rating for games and thats it.. no game shpould ever be banned or censored.. its ridiculous.. rest of the world laugh at us poor stupid australians... LOL

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News