Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    More of this news again? Seriously? Isn't the answer obvious to everyone? Any modern game to pushes the console to a literal constant 100% GPU/CPU usage and that obviously equals maximum heat. PS3s come with the cheapest excuse for thermal paste possible which dries out rapidly and the heatsink isn't even connected properly in many cases.

My 40GB generation PS3's heatsink was barely connected. I suspected something was funky when it froze the first time I ran a game with a graphically intensive scene (Heavenly Sword) and froze. I opened it up to discover what an unacceptably ridiculous job was done and how shoddy the parts were.

The only thing that I could do to make the heatsink really make proper contact to was bend metal strips (whatever they're called) that holds the heatsink so when they're screwed in they apply more force. Despite what Microsoft and Sony would have you believe consoles have been completely and hopelessly maxed out for a long, long time now so move on people, nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    1. no consumer hardware is made to run at a continuous 100% load.

2. what are your sources of the information regarding the design and testing of the ps3?

3. software controls the cooling system in the ps3. therefore software can cause overheating.
    1- I always run video cards at 100% usage constantly for hours on end, don't mistake cheaply made hardware using inferior parts for what an electronic device should be able to do. There's a reason why video card manufacturers do offer lifetime warranty: They're not Sony or Microsoft.

If you're going to ask how do I know when it's at 100%, any program can monitor the GPU usage, I use MSI Afterburner. Back in the mesozoic era when I had a dual core processor that was also at a constant 100% on both cores.

2- If you want to know the quality of the PS3 parts, open it up and look for yourself, you won't be happy.

3- Companies tend to set the fan speed to as high as they can without being loud, if Sony could have increased the fan speed without it becoming noticeably more audible they might have done so. It's not like the PS3 is silent as it is.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i bet you own an xbox.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this update fixes overheating (update 1.01 param 3.50)

[Register or Login to view links]
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

7299116_noire.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    1. no consumer hardware is made to run at a continuous 100% load.

2. what are your sources of the information regarding the design and testing of the ps3?

3. software controls the cooling system in the ps3. therefore software can cause overheating.
    1. The PS3 is, else Sony would have to replace 50% of them.
    2. Google it: You'll get reports of 0.5 to 10% failure rate after 2 years.
    3. Fan control can likely be changed, however it's improbable Sony touched it for their security patches. The game won't have access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by daivyphuong View Post
    this update fixes overheating (update 1.01 param 3.50)

[Register or Login to view links]
    How does this work ? Just extract the files and update that all under XBM ?

Strange that there is NO original update available jet

Red Face

Get ready for the secound masive wave of YLOD lol, as expected hardware and software issuse causing end user expense!!

they will never admit its there fault due to the backlog of fat ps3's that also overheated!!

message to sony... next time take your time designing it !! dont rush it!! take a tip from my PCS3... it will never overheat!!

and before anyone flames me saying i am a xbox fan i have never owned an xbox and never will lol

gilksy

i've played my copy for hours straight and my ps3 is running cool as its a fat 40gig.. only issue, apart from the game being average at best, is when you try to access psn from the game itself it freezes and you have to do a hard reset.. i'd say this is a bit of crap myself.. mine works fine!!

TOUCH WOOD... LOL damn i've just jinxed my ps3..

if you are indeed the gilksy with the videos on fixing ylod, and not some imitation LOL, i would just like to say thanks mate.
    Last edited by elser1; 05-20-2011 at 09:12 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The crashing while trying to access the store is a bit of "overlook" on the side of Rockstar that the code doesn't count on the fact it could be down as well as on side of Sony for not having this properly handles on the system level itself.

And - yes - I DO aggree that this is another overhyped game - luckily I was able to resist purchasing it and now it's possible to DL and play anyway ...

Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    if you are indeed the gilksy with the videos on fixing ylod, and not some imitation LOL, i would just like to say thanks mate.
    lol yes its me m8!! they broke the mold when they made me!!!

and then they gave the mold maker a kicking just to be sure lol

as for the ylod guide no worries m8 its out there free to help people... i just wish sony would accept its a real problem.

gilksy

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News