Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Rockstar: 'Complete' GTA IV Experience on 360

Sponsored Links
    Fans looking to own the "complete" [Register or Login to view links] experience will also have to own an Xbox 360. So says Rockstar Games spokesman Hosi Simon anyway, in a short interview [Register or Login to view links] over at Games Radar that has the entire Internet talking.

Upon being asked whether there were any discernible advantages for PS3 owners that could compare to the Xbox 360 downloadable content, Simon replied "not that I can think of."

"They're identical games. We're not hardware makers, and we're not like a pawn between these companies, we try not to be as much as we can. We make great games for people to enjoy on whichever system they want. But I guess if you want the complete experience with the episodes, then yeah, you should buy the 360, I suppose."

The battle for GTA IV is, of course, an extremely important battlefront in the larger struggle between Sony and Microsoft to establish next-gen gaming mindshare. Both sides' camps posses unique advantages and disadvantages, with the Xbox 360 having come under fire in the past for the difficulties associated in getting GTA IV to perform adequately on the Core pack.

That being said, soundbytes like the ones from Simon above are exactly the reason Microsoft was prepared to drop/invest $50 million to secure that [Register or Login to view links].

Assuming both 'core' games perform comparably well on both platforms, the worm of GTA IV could quite easily turn on something as seemingly minor as this. If Phil Harrisson truly [Register or Login to view links] then he might want to think about making that info public sooner, rather than later.

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links

No Title

Sponsored Links
    ...we're not like a pawn between these companies, we try not to be as much as we can. We make great games for people to enjoy on whichever system they want. But I guess if you want the complete experience with the episodes, then yeah, you should buy the 360, I suppose.
    If that's not a huge contradiction, I don't know what is. If they're not a pawn to Microsoft, then why not release all the content to both systems? Bollocks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TuRDMaN View Post
    If that's not a huge contradiction, I don't know what is. If they're not a pawn to Microsoft, then why not release all the content to both systems? Bollocks!
    Well, there's several possibilities you may not have considered.

One, I don't think they consider being given a fat wad of cash by Microsoft to develop extra content for the 360 version to be the same as being "Microsoft's pawn." (I'd imagine that's what happened.)

Two, no one really has any way of knowing what releasing extra content for the PS3 is like. I mean, almost everything that's been released on Playstation Network so far has Sony's mark all over it. Maybe the Xbox Live! method is just that much easier?

Third, how can you possibly call them a pawn of Microsoft? I mean, Rockstar released how many games with some level of exclusivity for the PS2 console? I can't even begin to imagine how much good GTA3/VC/SA/Bully did for Sony. Not to even mention LCS/VCS on the PSP.

Chill out a bit. If I were you I'd be more upset that developers are using Xbox Live! as an excuse to release unfinished games for $60 a piece, then charge a fat wad of cash for players to get the final pieces a few months after the release date.

No Title

It's not like I didn't see the reasoning behind what they're doing, but in the article they try to make it sound like Rockstar wants to keep everything even between consoles and won't be used by any one company... But clearly they have been persuaded otherwise. But still I say, they are being used as a pawn by Microsoft, albeit a very expensive one.

I think I'll wait until we've got a handful of games that aren't published by Sony Computer Entertainment to have DLC for the PS3 before I pass any kind of judgment down on Rockstar.

No Title

I'm sure if Rockstar wanted to release the downloadable content for GTA IV on PS3 as well, Sony would do everything in their power to make it happen. It would be absolutely retarded of them not to. I don't think it's a matter of it not being technically possible.

it's obvious that Microsoft have Rockstar Games in the palm of their hands. more likely have paid them extra to make the content exclusively for the Xbox 360.

it's only a matter of time until Sony do the same and the same content will appear on PSN as well.

PS3 is far better technically but as we all know Money Talks!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News