Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ps2 wont work for now because the 'modes' are different! IF you can do a similar method in ps2 games then it should work

Maybe someone wants too try a few ps2 originals to get back to xmb!!
    Last edited by HackITandC; 05-18-2007 at 05:47 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by HackITandC View Post
    ps2 wont work for now because the 'modes' are different! IF you can do a similar method in ps2 games then it should work

Maybe someone wants too try a few ps2 originals to get back to xmb!!
    Tried it with GT4 already, didnt seem to work but that maybe because for some reason GT4 is small enough for a single layer DVD but it is written over 2 layers. Not having any dual layer DVD-R's around i burn't on a single layer disc.... Would also be interested for others to try PS2 games!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Guys, it wont matter what media its on - what you need to do is find a similar exploit in ps2 (ie a PS2 game which lets you get back to xmb - could be ANY game, we dont know yet). You cannot use this exploit to play dvd media etc as its different to the original media used in the exploit (blu-ray) BUT if you find a similar exploit with a ps2 game then it should (in theory) allow you to skip region or even load ps2 backups BUT we dont know yet!

Try deleting the R:FoM online update. That worked for me. I was just getting a black screen after I selected Save & Exit but deleting the update cured it.

Quote Originally Posted by rfcmmm View Post
    Hi guys. I am trying motorstorm and I get the black screen and after that I try to quit the game without seeing the letters, just listening. I try and it doesn't go back to the screen. Any theory why ?
    Sorry Missread your post & cant edit mine. You do not use the PS button.

Pause the game during game play.
    Swap the discs and wait afew seconds.
    Select Save & Exit on the R:FoM menu and then accept.

Swapped disc should now load.
    Last edited by Gazza85; 05-18-2007 at 11:40 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are you actually trying to use the Motorstorm as a "swapping" game? (because it's not yet confirmed as working and I don't think it will as far as there is no Quit feature built in the game itself)

Also - what game are you trying to boot then?

I tried SpiderMan 3 again tonight using the RFO, and this time it did not work. It froze up at the loading... screen. After two tries, and it freezing at the same point. I went into the ps3 and deleted my spiderman 3 game save file. Then tried to boot it again, and it worked this time. I found out that Spiderman 3 has a built in AutoSave feature, so I was thinking maybe it was looking in the wrong place for the autosave, and that is why it was freezing?

Ok I can also confirm that this works on my 1.70 PAL console with the PAL resistance (contrary to my former statement). I just needed to delete the rfom update as other people stated.

I played motorstorm (PAL) via the resistance method and I noticed that motorstorm created a new save instead of using my extisting one.

yep it works! i have uk ps3 1.50, put in a ntsc rfom, swapped it with motorstorm and loaded up fine, but it didnt load my game save.. so confirmed.

1.50 ps3
    ntsc rfom
    swapped game.
    it loaded but with no save.

Can someone please post the PROPER savename of f1 (without exploit) and then post the name of the f1 save game (with Exploit). I am trying to get us to have our save games but i need some feedback. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HackITandC View Post
    Guys, it wont matter what media its on - what you need to do is find a similar exploit in ps2 (ie a PS2 game which lets you get back to xmb - could be ANY game, we dont know yet). You cannot use this exploit to play dvd media etc as its different to the original media used in the exploit (blu-ray) BUT if you find a similar exploit with a ps2 game then it should (in theory) allow you to skip region or even load ps2 backups BUT we dont know yet!
    i've done some tests with the 2 ps2 games i own. one of the socoms, and FFXII. with FFXI when you pause it (Start button) and eject the disk, it prompts you for the FFXII disc, you can put it back in and it continues where it left off. If i put in a burned copy of the FFXII DVD, it knows it is a copy and says put in the FFXII disc. I found a way to eject the FFXII disc without it prompting you for the disc (i forget off hand - it is one of the menus in the game).. and if i put in the copy at that point and exit the menu, it either locked up requiring PS Button quit or told me to insert the FFXII disc.

I did this late one night a few days ago, so i forget. if i get a chance to play more, i'll repost the details.

maybe we should compile a list of games, and the varies points we tried to eject/swap and the results? it would benefit everyone who's looking for new exploits.

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News