Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A very detailed and nicely written review bro, though story deserves a higher score at least 9/10 or 9.5/10 but overall its an excellent review.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the main menu for every FF always had the traditional *twing* sound when you select an option and now its all changed. The melodies from 7,8,9 and 10 (composed by Nobuo Uematsu) has always stayed in my head until today, and i never remembered composition from 12, and perhaps 13 as well...

The first 10 minutes puts you instantly into an ongoing war (something copied from Sakaguchi's Lost Odyssey *shame on Squeenix*), bored me to death as I can breeze through without having to use my brain, potion and playing with just one button and one character, and one pathway. It keeps skipping between a few characters, and each individual story seems like all over the place and a rush to the head, and it failed to remind me why i should even bother with its world...

It makes me think that FF 7's first hour was so much more well integrated, intriguing and highly complex to storytelling, even though there were no real voice acting at that time.

I certainly did not wait a few years to see Final Fantasy dumbed down like this, its as though moving backwards instead of forwards and keeps treating me like a child, instead of catering for a well advanced and quick thinking JRPG gamer...
    Last edited by Haksam; 04-04-2010 at 08:42 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    very nice review!!! i loved all the series!!! and this is best made so far!!

Arrow

Great Review Tidusnake666!! just thought I'd add...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    I played it on PS3 but I believe, there will be no major differences with Xbox360 version.
    Just thought I'd inform those of this difference. The games native resolutions are a Sub-HD 576p for the 360 version and 720p for the ps3 version. Maybe for those of you with a TV that only goes up to 720p won't notice that much of a difference but those who own a set that goes up to 1080p will notice a huge one. The 360 version just looks dirtier.

Here is a link to a video comparison by DigitalFoundry: [Register or Login to view links]

I thought FFXII was the worst in the series until i played XIII. Granted, Im still not very far in, so im still hoping it gets better. But at this point, besides the graphics, im unimpressed. I actually decided to play FFX the other night rather than 13.

although it's still an early stage, i hope there will be DLC. since it would first for a final fantasy, i can not imagine how it would be.

Thumbs Up

First of all, thank you all for these wonderfull comments! It's my first time writing review and I'm not a native english speaker, not at all. It's a pleasure for me to have such valuable readers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    The music is not nearly good as other FF games because Nobuo Uematsu is the one who usually composes for FF. FF10-2 and FF13 are the only ones he didn't work on (why, I have no idea, either way it was a terrible decision not to include him). He even worked on the MMORPG ones, 11 and 14. Final Fantasy is just not as great without his work.
    Didn't he retire and got a job in a company, that makes Mist - series like 7 years ago?

BTW, for me FF8 has the most awesome music, the second place goes to FF10.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcsx2006 View Post
    A very detailed and nicely written review bro, though story deserves a higher score at least 9/10 or 9.5/10 but overall its an excelent review.
    Thank you! I thought about 9 too, but compared to other FF, that had VEEEEERY touching endings, I decided, that FF13's story is 8. But, come on, 8/10 is also a preety decent score!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolie4 View Post
    I thought FFXII was the worst in the series until i played XIII. Granted, Im still not very far in, so im still hoping it gets better. But at this point, besides the graphics, im unimpressed. I actually decided to play FFX the other night rather than 13.
    I played FF12 praying it would end soon, in the middle of the game I used GameShark because the game became hard as hell and dull as brick (heh, great phraze, btw, gotta copyright it ). It wasn't for me. I normally do not like real-time battles.

FFX is a great game,I've completed it for, emmm, like 8 times, and still the FFX's gaming record of 96 or so hours (yeah, I've played nearly 3 month, the whole winter the single game!) remains unbeaten even by Persona-series.

But after playing FF13 I think the battles will be not so fast-paced. And I'm kinda addicted to "Visible random battles" not invisible ones. FFX has great weapon synthesis system, btw, superior than in FF13. But in overall FF13 wins in terms of gameplay IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by y2kkingboy View Post
    although it's still an early stage, i hope there will be DLC. since it would first for a final fantasy, i can not imagine how it would be.
    As far as I can see, producer said that FF13 won't support DLC, it'll be supported in the next FF series.
    Quote Originally Posted by toxsik View Post
    Great Review Tidusnake666!! just thought I'd add...

Just thought I'd inform those of this difference. The games native resolutions are a Sub-HD 576p for the 360 version and 720p for the ps3 version. Maybe for those of you with a TV that only goes up to 720p won't notice that much of a difference but those who own a set that goes up to 1080p will notice a huge one. The 360 version just looks dirtier.

Here is a link to a video comparison by DigitalFoundry: [Register or Login to view links]
    Yeah, I saw that, thanks. While there can be some differences in graphics, the main part of the game remains the same, so I think my review basicaly covers both versions.

Cheers!

The battle system is far too simple... one button for 2 hours is to easy and one tactic for every hard battle.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoUsername View Post
    The battle system is far too simple... one button for 2 hours is to easy and one tactic for every hard battle.
    That's only true for the start of the game. I don't think anyone could get away with just button pushing later in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by StonedSilent View Post
    Excellent review... A friend of my mine said the game was horrible but he obviously has no clue on what he is talking about. I can't wait to get my copy tomorrow.
    Well, I agree with your friend, for me is the worst FF after FF X-2. I don't really like this review. I have played FF IV,VI,VII,VII Crisis Core,VIII,XIX,X,X-2,XII and XIII, and, I repeat, this is the worst FF after X-2. And I don't mean it is a bad game; it has excellent graphics and a fair average plot. But the gameplay is awfull, there is no variety, you just do the same over and over: battle, go from A to B, scene, battle, go from A to B, scene... Even the secondary missions are battles!! It doesn't have the spirit and world of a proper FF:

- No guiles after battles.
    - No EXP after battles.
    - You can only play with one character and if this is killed it will be Game Over.
    - You can't use the abilties and commands of the members of your party in a battle.
    - There are no minigames.
    - There are no cities you can travel to, there no map of the world, in fact ther is no world where you can feel free to travel.
    - There are no peolple who you can talk to.
    - There are no places where you can rest or relax after fighting for hours.

There are many more that I can't remember now, but annoys me everytime I play. In chapter 9 I was already bored and not motivated to go on, and after 65 hours of play I couldn't max at least a weapon and have to fight final boss with a mid updated weapon. I still haven't finished the game (as I said i'm at the final boss), but I don't feel that magic of knowing what is in the end or after every battle with a boss.

I don't play so often like other FFs, It's been a week that I tried once to kill the final Boss (who killed me with my full life with Necro after 1 and a half hour fighting, arrrrghh) and I don't feel like trying again. And when I kill him, I don't think I will be playing it again.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News