Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Resistance 3 Gets PS Move, Sharp Shooter and Stereoscopic 3D

Sponsored Links
    Insomniac Games Senior Community Manager James Stevenson has revealed today that Resistance 3 for PS3 will be getting PlayStation Move, Sharp Shooter and Stereoscopic 3D support!

To quote: Today we are finally able reveal, due to overwhelming community demand, that Resistance 3 will support Stereoscopic 3DTV.

Furthermore, those of you who are enjoying the precision of the PlayStation Move motion controller with your copies of Killzone 3 and the SOCOM 4 Beta will be delighted to know that Resistance 3 will also support PlayStation Move and the sharp shooter.

After Killzone 3 launched, we heard a massive amount of positive feedback, and were inundated with requests to support both PlayStation Move and sharp shooter. So we're glad to be able to finally confirm the news!

As you can see, our founder Ted Price and Resistance 3 Creative Director Marcus Smith are so pumped that they found 3D glasses and grabbed sharp shooters to pose for a photo (though we had to remind them that they need the cool high-tech stereoscopic 3D glasses to actually play, not those old "red-blue" ones).

Resistance 3 hits your PS3 and 3D TV on September 6th, so have your sharp shooter ready! In the meantime, if you want to hear about all the latest happenings at our community day, follow us on [Register or Login to view links] to see or like us on [Register or Login to view links].

We'll be posting audio and video from today's community event in the weeks to come, so keep checking in for all the latest.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i played, well tried to play, kz3 today with move for the 1st time... WTF.. stupid... YTF is sharp shooter $70 in australia.. shouldn't it be like 15/20 LOL

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No sharp shooter is a hightech controller. So it's a little overpriced but not to much... And you can set everything and its also a little get used to. I find it difficult for close hand combat... but for a wider range and online i own with my Sharp Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by B4rtj4h View Post
    No sharp shooter is a hightech controller. So it's a little overpriced but not to much... And you can set everything and its also a little get used to. I find it difficult for close hand combat... but for a wider range and online i own with my Sharp Shooter
    Ummm if its a hightech contoller then why do i need to use my move with it?

It's an extension of your move controller . Like an extra boost in your turbo

Consider me outdated or an old-school gamer, but I'm not really fond of this 3D + Move thing.

I tried watching 3D once in a demo shop and after some seconds my eye began to hurt so badly I even cried. And more of it, we all know, that it's not "real" 3D, it's just smart marketing move to sell some piece of electronics at unbelievalbe high price.

And the reason I do not like Move, because it seems rather rip-off to me. First, you buy Move start-up kit for $150+ with one "wand" controller. Then while playing some games (KZ3 for example) you notice, that you need "navigation" controller. You buy it ($50+). Then, you notice that for some games you need additional "wand" controller (games that you play with two wand controllers, like "Fight").

You buy it ($60+). Then you see, that you have 2 "wands" and 1 "navigation" controllers. You decide to buy 1 additional "navigation" controller to make a pair, if a friend comes to play to your house... etc etc... Seems like endless cycle. And you'll be paying for this junk approximately as you would buy additional PS3. Seems like a waste of money.

Call me retard, but if I want to jump around while playing, I would rather take my dirty-cheap Wii and play some fun and easy games there.

Banned User
    Honestly, I will be extremely glad when the Move and 3D fads are a thing of the past. Who knows how much time the developers actually have to waste implementing this stuff. But if we learned anything from KZ3, which also included Move and 3D, is that the game was incomplete, seriously lacking and possibly rushed out the door. This very well could have been a byproduct of them wasting time incorporating and testing Move and 3D in their game, which could have been better spent refining the gameplay, fixing bugs and giving the fans what they really wanted.

I am not going to bother with Socom 4, as it seems pretty generic to me with no appeal. But I will be getting Resistance 3, and I am going to be interested to see the potential effects 3D and Move had on the development of the game. Insomniac did have a bit longer this time to make the game, since they did not release any R&C games in 2010, so if the game seems unpolished or underdeveloped, I'm sure we can lay the blame on Move and 3D implementation due to the extra time they had to waste putting it in.

Quote Originally Posted by B4rtj4h View Post
    It's an extension of your move controller . Like an extra boost in your turbo
    Even still, how does it count as a controller... Controller "control" as their name suggests and the Move is what controls the game, not the sharpshooter... hightech?

what does it have that's hightech, a few move buttons? or that switch that doesnt do anything? or maybe the reload button that seems to be inconveniently placed.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News