Update: Greg Phillips (Producer, SCEA) has now confirmed via PS Blog that the Resistance 2 public BETA officially begins today!

To quote: "Today, October 16th, the public BETA for Resistance 2 will begin in North America. The BETA will include competitive maps from three locations in the game. Speaking of http://beta.myresistance.net, the beta version of our new community site goes live tonight as well. And, finally, Resistance 2 has gone gold."

Earlier today Feranthur reported the following: Well I got my code from PS that I entered and it says it is invalid... and a mod said that the code will work when the beta goes live... so when I saw that beta.myresistance.com was down for "login" I checked my code and... IT WORKED!!!!

BUT... When I click in download it gives me a error code... so I have to wait until the BETA is completely uploaded to download? ... that means the BETA will begin TOMORROW!!

Edit: Now my download is going fine.. I have 840MB downloaded.

PS: I'm from Brazil that means that my PS3 menu is in Portuguese... don't get confused. More PlayStation 3 News...