Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Resident Evil 5 Requires Enormous 5GB PS3 HDD Installation

Earlier today it was announced that the Resident Evil 5 PS3 demo has hit PlayStation Network.

With that in mind, next month Capcom's Resident Evil 5 is set for the official market launch. The fifth part of the series will be appear both on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Today the installation capacity requirement of Resident Evil 5 has become available, courtesy of the image below.

For those curious, on the PS3 it will require 5GB of HDD space. Bad news indeed for people with only a 40GB PlayStation 3 console.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Wow. 5GB does seem... excessive. If the 360 version doesn't require hard disc install, what could account for that? I mean, the disc read rates are http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=23916169&user=skektek. Even if the 360 actually reaches around twice the speed... is that really going to make that kind of difference?

5gb?! i totally need to upgrade my 40gb

160gig for the win

5gb is really excessive.. I need to upgrade my HDD too :-)

Is there any size limit for the PS3 HDD ?

well, for xbox360, one can now install the game onto HDD, so i guess the ps3 can probably add the same feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Xil View Post
    5gb is really excessive.. I need to upgrade my HDD too :-)

Is there any size limit for the PS3 HDD ?
    no size limit for the hdd.

I used to be against the hdd installs but now I install any game that has the option. My nephews ps3 just stopped reading ps3 games. it seems that´s one of the biggest problems with the ps3. so now to save the laser, I´m installing any game data that I can. i have a 60gb hdd and that´s been good so far but it´s time to start thinking of an upgrade.

For this new piece of awsomeness... i think the 5gbs are worth it... i admit that if it were another game i mite have been a bit iffy abt it. However, im generally not against these installs... once they don't take a huge amount of time.

Too bad for the guys with 20gig

hmm 5gb shouldnt be that big of the deal anymore, be scared when a game needs 10gb of space. i'm pretty sure everyone has upgraded there hd by now anyways also it would take some load off the blu-ray so maybe we see a faster loading time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast