Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Reports of PS3 Firmware Update 3.0 Freezing Games Surface

Sponsored Links
    Well, it's less than a day after Sony's PS3 Firmware 3.0 update has been released and already there appears to be numerous reports of some PS3 games freezing post-update.

According to Examiner.com (linked above), at least three PS3 titles thus far seem to be adversely affected.

To quote: "One of the biggest games being inflicted by this freezing bug is Uncharted. Numerous forum goers on [Register or Login to view links] are complaining about the freezing issue. There have also been a few reports of the UFC and Bioshock getting similar symptoms.

Whether this is just limited to Uncharted isn't known, but it could very well cause some minor problems to other titles, too. Let's hope Sony finds a cure for this minor inconvenience soon."

A few others are reporting that NFS: Undercover now freezes when playing online and COD4 froze when in a lobby.

That being said, if anyone here has experienced any PS3 game freezing issues since updating to PS3 Firmware 3.0 feel free to reply in the comments below!

Reports of PS3 Firmware Update 3.0 Freezing Games Surface

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Phew, I thought something was wrong with my hardware when I tried to play Uncharted's 'Heading Upriver' chapter for like 15 times. I hope Sony will release a fix soon.

Sponsored Links

Unhappy Dualshock3 Problems

Sponsored Links
    i'm thinking not only games but ps3 accessories as well, my Dualshock3 froze on me after the 3.0 firmeware was installed, it will not work at all and ive tryed just about everything all thats left is to give up.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Battlefield 1943 froze a few times on 3.0 =\

hopefully, 3.05 or whatever will fix that, and edit the friends list so those I HATE 3.0 idiots will STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie47 View Post
    i'm thinking not only games but ps3 accessories as well, my Dualshock3 froze on me after the 3.0 firmeware was installed, it will not work at all and ive tryed just about everything all thats left is to give up.
    I think your Dual shock 3 problem is a hardware problem, I have 2 PS3's with total of 4 Dual shock 3 controllers both are at 3.00, and they all connect with out an issue.

Banned User
    My Wipout HD went back to trialmode after the update?

Had to re-unlock.

i also have problems with 3.0

i didnt have much time to spend on other things and games on my console yesterday but i definetly can say that on my 60gig ps3 (that old one with 4 usb and the other things...) HOME crashed a few times (especialy on loading new rooms) and i had to hard reset console. Also i can confirm that it hangs on loading multiplayer mode in Marvel vs Capcom 2 (and sometimes navigation in menu is a bit laggy - wierd).

Funny thing with that Wipeout - must check it out when i came back from work ...

Now we have to wait for official respone from Sony. Maybe it will be a quick patch or update so we can enjoy our system with no more problems.

Cheers everybody...

so wierd those things i will check with uncharted.... i was playing kz2 gta4, fifa 09 and i found them to run smoother than before.

my BlueRay remote no longer syncs :S i used it to do the update and then its dead as a door nail now, new batteries, tried re syncing the ps3 dont see it. i hope it didn't just die.

Banned User
    ^^ i would go to recovery menu and try to reinstall the fw once and see it that gets it sync'n again.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News