Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    lol

I never thought I live to see this kind of error on a PS3 . I mean, all the "symptoms" you have are expected in all kinda programs, OS, and anything else which doesn't presume to be very well designed ... but, guess what, Sony's programmers are just as human as all of us .

The funny thing here, is that they claim that this is the last big update of the year, which I though would be flawless. Anyway, now we just have to wait until the "Last Big Update v2" to come or something else that fixes all these problems once and for all ... unless they were supposed to happen (I say that 'cause of the "3rd Party" controllers; it's just to much of a coincidence )
    Last edited by JesusFMA; 09-02-2009 at 05:42 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Dx i didnt play none of my games yesterday..

i was too amazed by the update to see it, are they gonna release another one soon to fix this problem.. like a 3.10 maybe?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, last Major update is true, a minor fix here and there is bound to come out. we all know it its sony. I looks like it will be sooner then later. im going to try my games tonight and see. after i beat my blueray remote into submission.

at any rate, complaining to the sites that sold you third party controllers is a ridiculous suggestion. The issue with them would be Sony's not there issue. As a side note, I don't remember reading any where that Sony would guarantee that third party hardware would be supported. not only that, I remember back in the day when if you called Sony for service/repairs, if you advised them that you used third party peripherals or memory units they would inform you this voids your service warranty. At any rate there could be legitimate reasoning for this issue with the third party hardware, it could just be a "oops, sorry" mistake, or maybe the 3.0 was coded on a Monday and the programmers were feeling like dicks that day. who knows.

and at the end of this all i got to say is my G25 Wheel better still work, or you'll hear about me on the news.
    Last edited by JeffJ; 09-02-2009 at 06:12 PM

Freezing

Would anybody know if sony updates have caused the blue ray drive to fail ? as since updating to 2.80 my ps3 no longer plays discs.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by westos18 View Post
    Would anybody know if sony updates have caused the blue ray drive to fail ? as since updating to 2.80 my ps3 no longer plays discs.
    well i dont have any good news for you ... mine blu ray stopped reading discs at some time (about couple of months after purchase) and there is no real method to fix it by yourself (in my case none of clening discs or other stuff worked ). I had to send it back to my shop and they send it to Belgium i suppose which is the nearest country (for me - im from poland) which has official ps3 feedback for hardware issues.

So it took about a month and they send back to me a whole new ps3. But beware - if u send them a 60gig (or other version) with support for playing ps2 games its most likely that they dont send u back the same model. As for some time they actually send back newer models (maybe with some free bundle or games) - i get the same model but it was almost 2 years ago ... so if u own such a model i think better sollution to keep it (and fix it) could be purchase of a laser itself (dealextreme.com have them for example) and get a proper person to install it for you.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions but i think thats all .... cheers mate and good luck!

all of my games freeze, this is BS. would it be possible to rollback to an old firmware version until they get a fix for the new one?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fuZnJay View Post
    all of my games freeze, this is BS. would it be possible to rollback to an old firmware version until they get a fix for the new one?
    unfortunately no ... at this time the only possible method of downgrade is by Infectus (its a modchip) but even that is still in developement ... maybe you can try to hard reset console couple of times, give it a rest, unplug and plug in back the hard drive. Maybe that helps... You can also write directly to sony support. They actually reply within couple of hours (24 hours is the max time to get the respone from them). Good luck.

This doesn't surprise me. I think it should be expected that newer updates should have bugs that cause these errors, but the new features it has makes it so tempting to update. I just hope there will be a solution available soon.

it works very fine for me

Yes, give it some time and sony will fix it.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News