Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Strange... but my cabled Dragon controller does not work as well...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I wish they managed to kill the spitfish and similar controllers really. Its sad about the imitation dualshock controllers but those mouse controllers NEED to get locked out.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    why do you feel they need to be locked out?

I consider it cheating is why. The challenge in a console FPS/TPS and other affected is using the standard controller like the majority of those playing the game. Using a controller made by a third party to gain an advantage is something I am not happy with. Do you think its ok to use controller with macros and turbo buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    I consider it cheating is why. The challenge in a console FPS/TPS and other affected is using the standard controller like the majority of those playing the game. Using a controller made by a third party to gain an advantage is something I am not happy with. Do you think its ok to use controller with macros and turbo buttons?
    so using a controller on the pc is considered giving your self a handy cap then? I use my 360 controller on the pc for FPS and can school mouse and keyboard users all day long. they don't consider that cheating. i mean u play COD on the pc or ps3, its the same game. so i dont see how using a mouse or not is an issue really. you point you shoot. the input device doesn't give you extra skill. if your more skilled with one or the other then props to you for gaining that skill. thats all.

its not cheating, just some people look for something to blame when they get rocked on a fps.

using a mouse style controller gives you no unfair advantage you still have to use the x, y and z axis to aim and move. just like every one els. the way you choose to input this movement is irrelevant to skill. Using turbo or macro isnt fair, but the mouse controller, is a great idea and if thatsthe way you like to play then so be it.

i think Sony is showing off trying to smother us with their security and new rules..

I'm using cheap china ps2 joystick to ps3 usb adapter, and it's working without any problems with FW V 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    so using a controller on the pc is considered giving your self a handy cap then? I use my 360 controller on the pc for FPS and can school mouse and keyboard users all day long. they don't consider that cheating. i mean u play COD on the pc or ps3, its the same game. so i dont see how using a mouse or not is an issue really. you point you shoot. the input device doesn't give you extra skill. if your more skilled with one or the other then props to you for gaining that skill. thats all.

its not cheating, just some people look for something to blame when they get rocked on a fps.

using a mouse style controller gives you no unfair advantage you still have to use the x, y and z axis to aim and move. just like every one els. the way you choose to input this movement is irrelevant to skill. Using turbo or macro isnt fair, but the mouse controller, is a great idea and if thatsthe way you like to play then so be it.
    You use your 360 controller on the PC to play FPS? Well... lol. You wouldnt school me definitely - its known fact that its easier to play FPS with a mouse and keyboard than it is to use a controller. It might be your particular preference but generally its easier and that is why they made a mouse controller for console fps games.

I say BAN THEM!!! lol. the world will be a better place really. No more global warming, genocides stop, Halle berry marries me ...

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    You use your 360 controller on the PC to play FPS? Well... lol. You wouldnt school me definitely - its known fact that its easier to play FPS with a mouse and keyboard than it is to use a controller. It might be your particular preference but generally its easier and that is why they made a mouse controller for console fps games.

I say BAN THEM!!! lol. the world will be a better place really. No more global warming, genocides stop, Halle berry marries me ...
    i do, and if i schooled you would i be cheating? dont underestimate the controller, ive been booted for hundreds of servers because people think im cheating... but in fact im just bad ass at fps with a controller lol

Question

Sorry to pull this old thread up but are there any news about the ceramic white controllers and newer 3.x firmwares? Are the not-original controllers still locked out? If you got a white controller which is working, are you sure it is a genuine Sony controller?

Any feedback?
    Last edited by MrCandydance; 11-25-2009 at 11:09 AM

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News