Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Red Kawa File Server (Computer to PS3) released

Sponsored Links
    From the people that brought us PS3 Video 9. Windows based installer, attached is a screenshot of this application as well.

Once again, by the same people behind all the "Video 9's" is another great app...A file server that lets you wirelessly view and copy files from your computer to your PS3!

Red Kawa File Server is a free file server developed by Red Kawa. It allows you to view and copy files from your computer (where the server running) to your PlayStation 3 over your wired or wireless computer network.
    During our AVC testing, we have found the process of repeatedly moving video files from our computer to the PlayStation 3 to be quite annoying.

Up until now this consisted of:
    1. Attaching media (flash memory/USB key/USB HD) to our computer
    2. Copying over files
    3. Detaching media from computer
    4. Attaching media to PS3
    5. Playing file (or copying to PS3 HD, then play)

We became sick of all that attaching and detaching, so we wrote some software to allow us to download files directly from our computer to the PS3 HD (or attached media) over our network using the PS3 Web Browser.

Now there is no attaching or detaching invovled:
    1. Open File Server in PS3 Web Browser and browse to directory
    2. Download files to PS3 HD or attached media
    3. Play file

So without further ado, Red Kawa is proud to announce the launch of Red Kawa File Server.

Red Kawa File Server lets you view and copy files from your computer to your video game console.

We are writing a user guides for Red Kawa File Server but it isn't ready yet. So for now you'll have to discover things on your own and use our Red Kawa File Server Forum to talk to other users.

If you can't figure it out yourself, don't worry, the guides will be up soon so keep checking back.
    Download: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=3551

On a side note, PS3 Video 9 1.92 is out.
    1.92 Changelog:
    Fixed: PS3 MPEG-4 AVC Support
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

fileserver.gif  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks- added them to our PS3 section and Site News!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i can view files and folders on the ps3 but am unable to save them to the hdd only to inserted media? what gives?

also how can i dl a whole folder rather than single files at a time?

Banned User
    How do i use this ? Can someone please explain this

I got it to work but can only save photos to the hard drive. When I try to download Mp3s or videos it asks me to insert some type of external media. Otherwise it looks good in the PS3 browser.

Banned User
    what you mean the Ps3 Browser? How do i get it to work... like explain please

Quote Originally Posted by DaDemon View Post
    How do i use this ? Can someone please explain this
    As I mentioned in the first post:

We are writing a user guides for Red Kawa File Server but it isn't ready yet. So for now you'll have to discover things on your own and use our Red Kawa File Server Forum to talk to other users.

If you can't figure it out yourself, don't worry, the guides will be up soon so keep checking back.

Banned User
    Just asking to see if someone can help me here in this forum rather than goin somewhere else

Make sure your files are in 'C:\Documents and Settings\' and that there are no spaces in the file name.

After I installed it I pointed my ps3 browser to [Register or Login to view links] (or whatever your computer IP address is) then you get to the web page that basically browses your computer drives. You can go into your settings and allow other drives where you can download files from. So far only works from images when downloading files.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News