Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    LOL! I'm holding out on 3.15, it doesn't kill. But 1.10... man.

Let this be a lesson to all of us, never buy a console unless it is already thoroughly cracked.
    haha agreed!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I kinda did what was suggested above: Got another PS3 and updated it while my own stays at 3.15 for the time being.

Only difference: The other PS3 is my brother's and he hardly ever plays so I can have it at least a few months. The scene should come up with something by that time.

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by SCE View Post
    Boss, it would be nice to dump 1.10 firmware and then compare it with a 3.XX FW to see the differences...
    Yea, I know that was done long ago to compare to whatever PS3 Firmware was the latest at that time... the 1.10 FW and even as low as 1.02 FW are in the archive so basically all you'd have to do is grab one of the extractor/unpacker utilities (for the old Firmware versions THIS one will work fine) to examine their contents.

What pisses me off is that all of this is because of GeoHot. If geo was more friendly with everybody else not just friend of his ego, all of the exploit could be discussed on mirc, in private doors, and we end users would still have linux on the ps3.

All of this is because geo scremed like a child "I've hacked the ps3!" but wait, he didn't.

This is what i don't get, at this day in age, some people still do not have internet or simply don't care about online play. So in order to even launch single player they need to connect their ps3 to the internet to update BEFORE you play this game? Someone give me some insight on this.

I think my sisters ps3 is still 4-5 updates behind unless one of my cousins updated her console, rendering it useless vs reselling or me hacking

I'm still not updating mine, playing some GTA IV, shawn white snowboarding & now got my friends heavy rain

PS quick question - to play liberty city stories off cd, do i need to update or no? (offline play)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriller View Post
    This is what i don't get, at this day in age, some people still do not have internet or simply don't care about online play. So in order to even launch single player they need to connect their ps3 to the internet to update BEFORE you play this game? Someone give me some insight on this.
    The required PS3 Firmware update needed to play is also included on the game disc itself, so Sony has that base covered at least...

^ Well that effing sucks, what's the deal with gta liberty city stories?

Somewhat along the lines of what Warrorar was saying, do the devs think OtherOS access is going to be required to install CFW down the line? I know nothing is known for sure, but I'd appreciate an informed guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSparky View Post
    Somewhat along the lines of what Warrorar was saying, do the devs think OtherOS access is going to be required to install CFW down the line? I know nothing is known for sure, but I'd appreciate an informed guess.
    my guess, initially the only way will be through OtherOS just like George was planning, but eventually we will be able to use it through some found exploit, which is possible because we have the dumps.. its just a matter of finding a good hole and being able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    But isnt there a chance also for people with 3.21+? I give an example.

Someone is at 3.30 and doesn't have the ability to use otherOS. There is a new Firmware 3.40 and some days later geohot/hades who ever, create a custom firmware called 3.40oos. this guy at 3.30 downloads now the update 3.40oos. when he wanna use that file for updating the console see the update as an normal 3.40 update because its signed with the correct key.
    isn't that right?

so that would mean its not important what firmware do you have. the most important thing is that you have a lower firmware, as the custom firmware you wanna upgrade to. o.o
    Well - it all depends on the way the (first) CFW would be installed on "virgin" PS3 (aka one with no CFW so far). So far it seems the access to OtherOS (e.g. pre-3.21 FW) might be the only way. It's indeed possible that down the line another way could be found but (similarly as with PSP in the past) the higher with OFW you'll go on your PS3 the lower chances are that you'll be able to install CFW or at least much longer you'd need to wait for exploit to be found.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News