Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Record of Agarest War for PS3 to Be Largest PSN Game Ever

Sponsored Links
    Those who balked over the MAG PS3 Beta size may want to take a time out and breathe before you consider downloading Record of Agarest from Sony's PlayStation Network.

[Register or Login to view links] is reporting that according to Aksys employee Belisarius it is [Register or Login to view links] to weigh in at around 8 to 10 gigs in size.

Obviously, eight to ten gigabytes isn't going to be a space issue for most people's PS3 hard drive, however, the time it'll take to download via PSN is another story.

To quote: "All right guys, I figured you might like to hear a reasonably official word on this, so here it is:

I asked around, and it looks like the final size is going to be somewhere around 8-10 gigs. It sounds like a lot, I know, but I've been downloading the debug ROMs at home to take the load off our office internet, and they only take a few hours--I usually start them when I leave for work, and they're done by lunch. My internet connection is nothing special either--about 500 kb/s on a good day.

So there you have it. 8-10 gigs. We should a more solid number closer to release."

Record of Agarest War for PS3 to Be Largest PSN Game Ever

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    its ok. we aren't in 90's anymore. there's up to 250 GB space available on the ps3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ^ its flawed to think that everyone is the same... it takes me 8 hours to download a 4.3 gig thing on my computer and like 12 for me to download burnout... this greatly affects me, in addition to only having a 60 gig HDD, which basically i cant change since i got so many specialty items on it...

16/16 users

4 from trades i cant get back, and not to mention if i dont get them back then the slot is lost forever
    4 from myself which are maxed which i would have to deactivate and move
    a few from accounts i can replace, but overall i will lose a lot...

from those accounts i got over 80 or so PSN/PS Classics, and so thats HOURS of redownloading for games i might play in passing months later... then i got to update my trophies, which isnt a simple task because i got 1,300+ between 80 or so sets... not to mention all the game data's i got to keep due to having so many DLC's so yeah... this affects people still =\

If you really want the game then you will make room for it. There is no issue.

that's great! I would love to see more REAL games on the PSN. In Argentina, every game costs twice the original price (shipping costs, and the traders are basically stealing our money).

I bought Burnout at 20usd... guess what? the Bluray copy of the game costs 50 usd!!!!! That's way too much difference!

I would definitely buy more games if they would sell them on the PSN. I really don't care if it takes 1 hour or 2 months to download! they are half the price. that's REALLY important in countries like Argentina, where the traders are basically legal thieves.

I did the obvious thing. Since I'm not planning to play ps2 or psone games, I bought the 40GB PS3 and a 500GB SATA disk. And it rocks. I can install whatever I want.

Sorry about this question but... why do you need more than one account? I don't get it. Most of the PSN games are released at the US PSN. maybe you need another account for the JPN PSN and the EU PSN... but why do you need more than that?
    Last edited by dc740; 12-06-2009 at 01:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by dc740 View Post
    that's great! I would love to see more REAL games on the PSN. In Argentina, every game costs twice the original price (shipping costs, and the traders are basically stealing our money).

I bought Burnout at 20usd... guess what? the Bluray copy of the game costs 50 usd!!!!! That's way too much difference!

I would definitely buy more games if they would sell them on the PSN. I really don't care if it takes 1 hour or 2 months to download! they are half the price. that's REALLY important in countries like Argentina, where the traders are basically legal thieves.

I did the obvious thing. Since I'm not planning to play ps2 or psone games, I bought the 40GB PS3 and a 500GB SATA disk. And it rocks. I can install whatever I want.

Sorry about this question but... why do you need more than one account? I don't get it. Most of the PSN games are released at the US PSN. maybe you need another account for the JPN PSN and the EU PSN... but why do you need more than that?
    Main
    Trading
    Japan *im fluent*
    Shared *me and 4 friends pool money and buy things we want*

the difference between the main and trading is, i dont want people touching my main account with my trophies and things on it, so i give them another account

That would take me about 8 hours to download. That's crazy.

I think that they should put the game on disk IMO. That's a lot to download.

Quote Originally Posted by deksar View Post
    its ok. we aren't in 90's anymore. there's up to 250 GB space available on the ps3.
    -Rep. Did you read the post at all? Clearly it states the issue isn't the HDD space but the time it would take to download 8-10GB from PSN.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpwer222 View Post
    If you really want the game then you will make room for it. There is no issue.
    I guess you missed the point also... if this was a discussion on PS3 HDD storage concerns it would be in the PS3 HDD section.

The debate in this thread is whether people feel PSN games that are 8-10GB in size are going to be an issue to download or not, especially considering not everyone has broadband, some ISPs cap your limits monthly, etc.

Let's try to keep this on topic guys!

Thumbs Up

In this particular case I would say that they should also release a disc version... but... As a general rule I would say that they should really start thinking on putting more REAL PS3 games on the PSN without thinking about the size.

I don't want a new 5MB Tetris at $0,50... It can be fun, but what I would really like to do is to buy GOOD games from the PSN. I really don't care if it takes two weeks to download. They should improve the download manager and that's it. If the game has a 10GB in content and they sell it over PSN, then that's great, I don't have to pay for an overpriced bluray, and I can buy a content rich game anyway.

Just to let things clear... I don't have a good connection. I have a 2Mb ADSL line... that's not good at all. But even then, I wouldn't mind for the download times.

It may sound crazy, but in my country (Argentina) the bluray prices are REALLY high. And that's one of the reasons the PS3 hasn't that many sales here. If they would put PS3 games that really take advantage of the console power, they would sell twice as much.
    Cause selling them on the PSN means that there are not 3 thousand resellers in the middle, and that the games are not SO overpriced as they currently are.

I think I made my point. Thanks for reading this far.

Quote Originally Posted by dc740 View Post
    In this particular case I would say that they should also release a disc version... but... As a general rule I would say that they should really start thinking on putting more REAL PS3 games on the PSN without thinking about the size.

I don't want a new 5MB Tetris at $0,50... It can be fun, but what I would really like to do is to buy GOOD games from the PSN. I really don't care if it takes two weeks to download. They should improve the download manager and that's it. If the game has a 10GB in content and they sell it over PSN, then that's great, I don't have to pay for an overpriced bluray, and I can buy a content rich game anyway.

Just to let things clear... I don't have a good connection. I have a 2Mb ADSL line... that's not good at all. But even then, I wouldn't mind for the download times.

It may sound crazy, but in my country (Argentina) the bluray prices are REALLY high. And that's one of the reasons the PS3 hasn't that many sales here. If they would put PS3 games that really take advantage of the console power, they would sell twice as much.
    Cause selling them on the PSN means that there are not 3 thousand resellers in the middle, and that the games are not SO overpriced as they currently are.

I think I made my point. Thanks for reading this far.
    I feel your pain, I would like to see games even though they were big on the psn, specially games that are not easy to find anymore. Im also outside USA and I dont have amazon/ebay to order just whatever game I want, I depend completly on retailers and they most of the time only have the new games or the most popular games.

Maybe this is the first step toward adding bigger games to the psn and like burnout we could soon see more ps3 complete titles. Lets also remember that a lot of games that are multiplatform fit perfectly well on a DVD and downloading 4 - 9 GB is no problem. Downloading can take a couple of hours or could be left over night to download, so what if it takes 12 hours, or 15 hours? Not a problem for most of us.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News